Livestream chat not working/stream stuttering.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello all, I'm at my wits end so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone might have suggestions I haven't thought about.

Going on 4 weeks or more now I haven't been able to get live stream chat to work at all, it just constantly tries to reach the server then eventually fails. In addition, the live streams themselves have been very stuttery, stopping to quick buffer every 5-10 seconds for every live feature, be it GBWest or GBEast.

I have tried everything I can think of. All 3 of the main browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge (chrome being my default), all plug-ins disabled, ad-block disabled, white listing Giant bomb, uninstalling the browsers and plug-ins and reinstalling, restarting my router, and more. I'm not having an issue anywhere else on the internet, be it Youtube, Twitch, etc, so I don't know if my connection to Giant Bomb just went screwy or what. I'm close to calling up my Comcast office and seeing if they would have an idea.

If anyone has had this issue/thinks they know what might be the issue, please advice! I'm not the most tech savvy, so when stuff seems to break in a more complicated matter I feel up a creek.

Thank you all.

chrisjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could you visit http://websocketstest.com/ and see if everything checks out there?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisjames: Everything checked out. I was able to get chat up on my tablet of all places, connected to my Wifi, but again had no luck on the website during the last Mario Party Party. Chat wasn't up or working from the get go, and after time the video stream kept dying and I had to refresh constantly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it looks like chat works for me for Jeff's home stream today, first time working in almost 2 months. I really hope it's fixed somehow and this isn't a rare exception!

chrisjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By chrisjames

Hopefully so! Please either post here again or message me on the site if you can't connect to chat in the future.