MG Scanlon 2, Pt. 13 not loading on any devices

RentalFloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If it's affecting me, it's probably affecting other users, so I thought if say something. The new episode of Metal Gear Scanlon isn't loading on any device I have, and when I try on my iphone I get a distinct error message that says "The requested URL was not found here."

I'm hoping this is just Jason messing with us the way that the end of Sons Of Liberty messes with us. Haha.

Anyway, I'm sorry, I know it's Christmas Eve, but I thought I'd point it out because it looked like it hadn't been reported yet. Who knows, maybe it's only affecting me.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, same for me. I'm stuck at work and now the final chapter won't load. Christmas is ruined!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wouldn't load for me until I switched it to "Progressive" under quality instead of Streaming. Dunno if that will fix it for you.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The video wouldn't work for me when I had the quality as 'Auto' or 'HD', but I can start it if I switch it to 'High' or 'Low'.

I think the HD link is busted, and that's the one it tries first on auto quality.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It wouldn't work for me until I randomly played with the settings for a while then it suddenly worked on the HTML 5 high setting. Don't know if that'll work or not for everyone.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Wouldn't load for me until I switched it to "Progressive" under quality instead of Streaming. Dunno if that will fix it for you.

Thanks. Worked for me. Christmas is back on!

Professor_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm that the High quality setting works (for download anyway) and the HD version links to nothing. Same seems to be true for streaming.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By cornbredx

The HD video is broken. You need to click on HD under the Downloads and then it will fail to load. At the top in the URL you will see a sequence of numbers that are the date. The DAY is wrong. Put it on the correct day and hit enter.

It's like a puzzle. Can you solve it?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard

They know:

It seems to be because they typed in the URL of the video file wrong. It's dated the 22nd instead of the 23rd. See the following GIF for a tutorial of how to download HD correctly, the crew aren't going to fix it till after Christmas. (Thanks to @TheDutchSlayer on Twitter for the GIF.)

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ben_H
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@bollard said:

They know:

<blockquote lang="en"><p>Looks like the HD upload of that last Metal Gear Scanlon video is busted; we&#39;ll check in on it tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy the pixels.</p>&mdash; giantbomb (@giantbomb) <a href="https://twitter.com/giantbomb/status/547686812383059968">December 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OK, I give up, how do you fucking wizards embed tweets on the forums? Every time I try it fails spectacularly.

"But sir, tomorrow is Christmas!"

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@bisonhero: See the button that says tweet in the text editor? ;)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@bisonhero: You even managed to butcher my embedded tweet in your quote. Impressive!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14 FinalDasa  Moderator

Try changing your video player settings before you play the video, specifically drop the the video quality to 'high' and try that.

If that doesn't work, and if you're premium, click on the download button to the left of the video player and select 'high'. A new window should open and play the video.