Missing Links

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

I've noticed that in quite a few articles, most of the links (to locations, concepts, objects and similar games) that were there back in 2013 seem to have gone missing since then. And the history doesn't seem to show what happened to those links, who removed them, or how they were removed.

A few examples of such pages include Final Fantasy VII, Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid 2, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 4. I have tried to restore some of those links using Archive sites, but it's a very time-consuming process and doesn't cover most of the missing links that were there before.

Does anyone know what happened with those links? Was it some kind of bug? If so, is there any way to restore those links?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@jagged85: Hey there.

To try to help, can you give an example of something that you know was there? I can look at the data we have and try to see if we still have records on it.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jagged85

For example, comparing Resident Evil 2 today with Resident Evil 2 archived on March 2014 shows that the March 2014 version had links to 23 similar games, 16 characters, 14 locations, 166 concepts, and 51 objects, while the page today has links to 14 similar games, 14 characters, 2 locations, 34 concepts, and 15 objects. And this matches my memory of the page before, where I remember it having a lot more links than it does now. Looking through the history page, none of the edits since March 2014 show any removal of these links.

A few examples of these missing links include locations such as Abandoned Buildings and Police Station, concepts such as AI Companion and Backtracking, and objects such as Acid and Ammo. And when looking at the history pages for these articles, I can't find any edits showing the removal of Resident Evil 2. It makes me wonder if there was some kind of bug that removed those links?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@jagged85: Thanks for the specifics. Looking into this.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers