• 72 results
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun

Leave feedback, report problems, give advice. All that good stuff!

Issues which will be fixed:

• Cooldown timer will return

• Reply tree will return

• Chat auto scrolling stopping when you scroll down will return

Here are some of mine:

As you can see there is a lack of spacing between the username and the
As you can see there is a lack of spacing between the username and the "to patrickklepek".

I am not entirely sure why the Chat/Replies bar on the right exists. Why not just have the those two options at the top next to the
I am not entirely sure why the Chat/Replies bar on the right exists. Why not just have the those two options at the top next to the "Staff" and "Mods" tabs? Also the text field overlaps with the chat.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

On my iOS(iPad) I can type in my comment, but I can't actually enter the comment.The streams now are working on my iOS, though!

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The filters should not be on the right, if they have to be they should be resized. It simply takes up too much room.

gaftra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I miss having the expanded replies feature so I could follow a comment. Also I might be dumb but I didn't see a chat cooldown on there.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5  Edited By Sin4profit

Was bummed that replies weren't a conversational string but other then that, i like it.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the cooldown timer and reply tree would be great to see return.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm with the others. I like it and all, but I would like to see the timer and reply tree to be returned.

puppies4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By puppies4life
@hassun said:

Yeah the cooldown timer and reply tree would be great to see return.

They will be back, they had to be disabled for the test run.

The filters should not be on the right, if they have to be they should be resized. It simply takes up too much room.

They can be hidden using the toggle button or the keyboard shortcut alt + S. Additionally, you'll still be able to see if you get any new message notifications.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hassun

@puppies4life:

Alt+S opens the History tab on my browser (Firefox).

That being said, the main problem is them being there to begin with. Why put the on the right like that? Does that have a yet-to-be-revealed purpose?

Having those at the top of the screen like the staff and mods tabs or how the previous chat system did it would make a lot more sense, you wouldn't even have to hide them.

The background colour for the privileged members and replies is also a bit too hard to see.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A few comments that I can think of now based on about 20 mins of use:

Not too important: The chat takes up more screen real estate than before - less resizing options and makes the video smaller.

Not too important: Staff & Mod drop down lists are of an inconsistent size - the Mods one seemed tethered to the width of the right-hand column of the "chat" and "replies" buttons.

Not too important: The colors of replies and such are maybe just a little too subtle - harder to see but I admit it is much less obtrusive than before. Just an observation - I think I actually will like this better in the long run, but depending on people's eyes & monitors some of the colorizations could be lost completely.

Important: I used to be able to scroll the chat section down and it would halt the auto scrolling - this was all-but a necessity to be able to view and reply to comments when chat gets fast & furious. In the new chat, the auto scroll still occurs no matter what and might make very busy chat streams very hard to follow and make trying to locate a chat msg you wanted to send a reply to much more difficult.

puppies4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Important: I used to be able to scroll the chat section down and it would halt the auto scrolling - this was all-but a necessity to be able to view and reply to comments when chat gets fast & furious. In the new chat, the auto scroll still occurs no matter what and might make very busy chat streams very hard to follow and make trying to locate a chat msg you wanted to send a reply to much more difficult.

This will be back in, had to be dropped at the last minute.

I'll catch up on the rest of the feedback in a bit.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puppies4life: Thank goodness. I can't imagine some of the more frantic streams without that feature! UPF today is going to be very interesting with the new chat - time to really put it through its paces.

Glad for the work you folks are doing.

Makie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Makie

Could the minimum width of chat be lowered a bit, i like to watch livestreams on my second monitor which is only 1024*768 and chat at its smallest takes up more than half of that.

Edit: other than that i like the new chat alot.

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks nice, but It doesn't work with the way I use chat, which is in pop-out mode. I can't stand video playing if it's not full screen, so have full screen video on 1 monitor, and pop-out chat full screen on the other, or on my iPad. I hope the Pop-out chat function is back in time for the Electronic Three. Also, no cool down timer?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hassun
Another example of the typing field overlapping the other chat messages.
Another example of the typing field overlapping the other chat messages.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By fattony12000

@puppies4life@ltsquigs@snide@edgework@rorie@alexisg@mrpibb

I know the top bar has been a Giant Bomb chat staple for a long, long time...but...it really screws with the vertical space in such a way that on a 1080p screen you lose the bottom section of most of the polls that get posted. I know you can scroll, but then you lose the video whilst moving down. I think putting the watching/chatting count + the staff/mod thingies elsewhere and freeing up some vertical space would be really nice and good.

Maybe move the Now Playing: bar to somewhere that doesn't take up EVEN MORE vertical space on the left hand side of the screen?

The new chat is looking fly as hell tonight, though.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Has anyone mentioned that you can't expand the video as much as you used to be able to? I'd really like to see that return.

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really like chat popout to return. The issue is that I like to put the stream up on my TV, and then have chat in a window on my laptop. But with the new feature of "hiding" the chat, it's still tracking ... so I have two loaded chats.

okand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By okand

Manual vertical layout!

This looks ridiculous, I'd like the chat below the video without making the window narrower.

No Caption Provided

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whitegreyblack

I believe the new Chat is killing Discus on other sites I have open in my second monitor. I really doubt this will be a priority, but worth a mention.

edit: also makes it impossible to click on a Youtube vid in a second window.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

I love the new chat, especially being able to open and close the different tabs.

Two features I'd like to see added in the next update is to have the polls be an option to be shown on the right side of the screen.
Also, I typically make the video fullscreen on one of my monitors, and pop out the chat on a separate monitor, so I'd like to see that added back in.

wingsoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my avatar pic doesnt show up in new chat. anybody now how to fix it? thx.

doublezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By doublezero

The video has to be postage stamp sized to view polls.

Polls should be moved to the same location as the replies box. (bottom half of the chat)

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

Some weird issues with replying to a bunch of people and the mod list cutting off to the right. Mod list should be an easy fix by opening it to the left like the Staff list does. No clue what's up with that chat reply tho =P

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new chat seems really unoptimized. When I hide it the video runs much smoother. It is really noticeable when someone decides to throw in 100 emoticons into a post, the video really hitches up. Maybe it is just me.

DefAde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i closed the chat (Alt+1)... after a few minutes chat seemed to disconnect (not too much of an issue)....

But... then no new polls showed up (I only knew a new poll was launched because i saw Alexis do it on the stream)

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Still doesnt work on my Kindle Fire or my Samsung S3.

It really is frustrating. I feel like I'm being pushed off the site and none of my complaints will be adressed because of it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chat replies used to have a little "+" to see what people were replying to - seems to be missing now. I liked it because 90% of chat replies make running jokes.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By whitegreyblack

When you reply to a single user, it still puts a comma after the username of the person you are replying to. This might be by-design but it can look a little confusing.

Wolferey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was an issue with the old chat also, but worth mentioning still:
I have three monitors with different resolutions: 1600x1200 (to the left), 1920x1080 (main, in the middle) and 1920x1200 (to the right). Whenever I move browser window to another monitor, chat gets resized to take up all the space, while the player gets the tiny space, so I have to resize the chat back to the small size again every time.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd like the polls to be moved somewhere else or redesigned to fit below the video properly. A panel that covers a portion of the chat might be useful - similar to replies. It's annoying scrolling down whenever there is a poll and I end up ignoring most of them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@49th said:

I'd like the polls to be moved somewhere else or redesigned to fit below the video properly. A panel that covers a portion of the chat might be useful - similar to replies. It's annoying scrolling down whenever there is a poll and I end up ignoring most of them.

I was thinking about that as well. I don't know what the solution would be though, there is only so much real estate to work with. That's a tough one.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puppies4life: I don't want them hidden I want them not in a stupid place. If its not a stupid place please tell me why. I'm willing to hear a justification but from where we're sitting its change for the sake of change, adds absolutely nothing, and is demonstrably worse than the old system. Telling a user they can hide a core feature is a design failure.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked how a poll created a scroll bar, thus making things more crowded. I'm not sure there's a way to fix that so it's something I have to just deal with.

But I don't like how there's a limit on how narrow I can make the chat. I usually have a GB stream on my second smaller monitor, and I like to have chat real narrow so the video is bigger, but I can still see both. I want to be able to make the chat as narrow or fat as I want.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By pr1mus
@mb said:
@49th said:

I was thinking about that as well. I don't know what the solution would be though, there is only so much real estate to work with. That's a tough one.

Making the polls a new tab under the Chat and Replies tab on the right side could work. Make the poll button flash yellow or something, a different color from the other ones to make sure no one can miss them.

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be a really stupid question but it works perfect on iOS but on the xbox one browser I thought it would be a case of if it works on one it will work on both ?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hassun
The mod names are getting cut off.
The mod names are getting cut off.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

If you set your chat to be tabbed you cannot close the chat without using alt+1 (working as intended?)

If you close the preferences panel while the chat is closed you cannot scroll down the video players window.

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I think this hasn't been mentioned, but beginning your chat message with a quotation mark (") seems to send your chat message into a black void never to be seen again. But it still counts towards the cooldown. (Tried it twice, using latest Chrome.)

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By whitegreyblack

If you copy and paste a chat reply in, the reply never makes it to the chat stream but the cooldown timer don't care!

Auto-scroll is happening again when you are scrolled down in to the chatlog.

This is still happening:

No Caption Provided

puppies4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for the bug reports and feedback! Haven't had time to reply like I would like to because of the craziness, but after things have slowed down I'll have some time to properly address everything.

linuxscouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By linuxscouser

Really loving the new interface. Apart from losing connection (which I'm guessing is due to just the sheer number of people chatting at once), I've not really noticed any issues. However there's something I'd like to suggest. Often with small resolutions, with a larger video player (and with E3 and other stuff, multiple videos), it can be a pain having to scroll down and vote when a new poll comes up while still wanting to watch the video. I was wondering if you can add a new tab to the right. Below replies have a vote button. Maybe it can flash red, or just have a notification like the current replies button has. When you click on it, it pops up in the same way the replies button and so you can vote and not have to scroll down away from the video you're watching.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a problem today that the red "hey don't refresh" text wouldn't go away even though the chat was working. If it helps it was the version that actually says refresh.

Also, it totally lied to me as I refreshed while it said don't refresh, and I got straight into the chat.

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dalerax

Chat hasn't worked for me since E3 started. Tried logging out and back in, tried deleting the cookies... nothing. Still getting red error messages and no chat.

Edit: Different browsers isn't working either.

jamesg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dalerax: worked for me once, never worked again.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiding chat and the sidebar breaks the ability to drag the scroll bar and the ability to use scroll wheel & up/down arrows anywhere to the right of the video embed (and a little bit over it, roughly the footprint of the unhidden sidebar). Chrome Version 36.0.1985.49 beta-m.

John-Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By John-Luke

1. It'd be cool if the video player, after you've hidden the chatroom stuff, would just fit to the width of the window. Currently it extends past the length of the window (1600x900).

2. Layout presets for the OCD. One setting can be the player taking up two-thirds of the window or something.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rick

I had a problem today that the red "hey don't refresh" text wouldn't go away even though the chat was working. If it helps it was the version that actually says refresh.

Also, it totally lied to me as I refreshed while it said don't refresh, and I got straight into the chat.

Yeah, sorry about that. For E3 we really needed to avoid the whole chat room refreshing or lots of people refreshing when they can't get in immediately. That causes a hell of a lot of thrashing in the servers and it makes it hard for everyone to get in. I definitely could have done that better though and what's live now really bugs me. I'm working on it...