#1 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I just got an adobe update and when I hit the start button the little snapshot fades out a bit and the music and talking starts but nothing else.

#2 Posted by Ramboknife (114 posts) -

I'm not sure I got an update, but all of the videos on the website for me are also now black, but have audio playing.

#3 Posted by Langly (11 posts) -

This is the same for me. I'm watching in Google Chrome with no adblocker or anything, just a black screen but the sound works fine.

#4 Posted by Langly (11 posts) -

It was also doing this before and after the flash update installed, for me.

#5 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I'm not sure I got an update, but all of the videos on the website for me are also now black, but have audio playing.

@langly said:

It was also doing this before and after the flash update installed, for me.

Switch to HTML 5. That worked for me.

#6 Edited by Ramboknife (114 posts) -

Switch to HTML 5. That worked for me.

I can confirm that works for me, it's just a little odd that the other options stopped working all of a sudden.

Thanks.

#7 Edited by Spirit_of_Jazz (18 posts) -

I was having this issue on Chrome. After playing around I discovered that enabling the flash PPAPI plug-in I was able to watch videos. Originally I disabled it as it caused flash to run terribly on chrome but apparently the last update made the work around just as bad.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14838 posts) -

Gotta love that the chrome developers can't get fucking flash to work properly in the browser still after goddamn years of updates.

#9 Posted by alexisg (383 posts) -

I think we found the problem today but won't know for sure until it gets out to everyone. I was using a hardware acceleration CSS trick which is wildly used to get better performance on CSS transitions. Looks like some windows chrome setups were not loving this. Not sure when the problem started. The fix might go out this weekend but not sure. In either case I am definitely keeping an eye on this. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff
#10 Posted by alexisg (383 posts) -
Staff
#11 Posted by Langly (11 posts) -

@alexisg sorry, haven't been on over the weekend. This fixed the problem! Thank you so much!

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#13 Posted by Spirit_of_Jazz (18 posts) -