#1 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -

As noted above, I've enabled Email Notifications for stuff like user replies in my settings, yet I have not received a single email notification for a user reply since the launch of the new site. I can see the notifications just fine while in the site itself via the internal inbox, but I don't have any email notifications at all. Is there any way to fix this?

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8580 posts) -

@nettacki: Yeah, they seem to have shut them off for the moment while they work on some things. It's in their stickied forum post about what they're working on.

They'll let us know once it's restored.

#3 Posted by Humanity (8874 posts) -

For me even website notifications are somewhat busted as they arrive with a huge delay. I just manually saw that @TruthTellah responded to something I wrote in another thread yet my envelope still reads 0. It will change in about 5 minutes. Not sure why the huge delay.

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (8580 posts) -

@humanity: Yeah, after the replies in the other thread, I only showed two notifications, and a few minutes later, it jumped to 12. ha. It's being finicky at best.

But I know the e-mail notification thing is intentional, as they said they turned that off temporarily.

As it says in the "what we're working on":

Addressing the email issues. These are temporarily shut off right now, but due to a bug people were getting emails that they weren't supposed to get. Update: We've addressed the main bugs with this, and emails for forgot password and billing will now work. We've disabled notification emails though for the moment. We'll get this back up soon.

#5 Edited by Parsnip (1078 posts) -

@humanity:

@truthtellah:

I haven't received a single @ reply notification since the new site launch. Completely broken for me.

#6 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

@parsnip said:

@humanity:

@truthtellah:

I haven't received a single @ reply notification since the new site launch. Completely broken for me.

Likewise.

#7 Edited by Parsnip (1078 posts) -

@parsnip said:

@humanity:

@truthtellah:

Likewise.

Funnily enough, this reply just notified me. The instant I mention it, it starts working. Pretty magical.

#8 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

@parsnip said:
@undeadpool said:

@parsnip said:

@humanity:

@truthtellah:

Likewise.

Funnily enough, this reply just notified me. The instant I mention it, it starts working. Pretty magical.

So. Did. Yours.

We're THROUGH the looking glass, people!

#9 Posted by FesteringNeon (2160 posts) -

I am going crazy over the (1) unread, I kept trying to find it, finally I just deleted all inbox/outbox messages, and it's still there.