BearPsychologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Hello,
I'm currently running the latest version of Google Chrome and I'm using OS X 10.9.5 and every video on the site using the Giant Bomb player does not have a play button on it. All I get is the still from the image but no part of it is clickable. I've tried turning off Adblock to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. However when I use the link from the embed video function I can play the video just fine. The image is what I'm currently seeing. Just let me know if I'm doing something dumb or if you need more information.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@bearpsychologist: Hello. It sounds like something is blocking our video player from loading. It's likely a browser extension, anti virus software, a network issue or some other kind of software interference.

Can you try disabling your anti virus? Also, give it a shot in another browser, or try to load chrome without extensions on (incognito mode perhaps?).

Avatar image for bearpsychologist
BearPsychologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BearPsychologist

@jslack Incognito mode seems to work, I'll go through in a bit to try and figure out which extension seems to be doing it.

Also thank you for your assistance!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bearpsychologist: np! Would love to hear back on which extension was causing it. Helps us debug other users' issues.

Avatar image for bearpsychologist
BearPsychologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack It appears that Ghostery was causing the issues with the site. I've heard about a few other issues with the extension, maybe it's time to uninstall it

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bearpsychologist: Ah yes. Ghostery is most certainly a known issue. You can definitely go through and whitelist some stuff to get it to work, but it's quite a few things. I've personally had to do a lot of whitelisting when I'm using Ghostery on other sites as well. I had to uninstall it because it became too much trouble. Awesome extension though!