No video controls on windows tablet

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I use a Windows tablet a lot with the site, which is generally a nightmare (can't watch live streams), but recently I have lost all functionality when watching a regular archived video. Now all I can do is hit the play button in the centre of the video, and that's it. I have no seek bar, quality settings, cant expand to full screen etc. To pause I click the video again. This means I cant rewind or fast forward anything, which is immensely frustrating. I end up downloading the files, which can be quite large and take up a lot of space.

Not sure if any of the info helps, but I thought I would post it anyway. I get that no one cares about making this site work with windows tablets, but I hold out hope that some day I can at least watch the odd live stream!

My tab is a windows rt 2. Uses internet explorer 10.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I have this same problem in chrome on my iPad mini. If I use finger motions to go full screen the controls are available though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've had the same problems on my Surface 2 (WinRT) for months now. All I can do is hit play and pinch to zoom so that the video fills out most of the screen.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Griffinmills

Same, ipad mini just updated to 8.3 and started happening. Using safari.

Windex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the same problem on my iPad 2 with iOS 8.3

Has anyone found a workaround?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By htr10

I only noticed this problem on my iPad 2 a few days and until I saw this thread, I did not realize that some people have been having this problem for weeks. The way I have been watching videos is tap the video to start it and then expand the video to full screen by diagonally moving the thumb and index finger of my right hand apart right on top of the playing video. Once the video is full screen I am then able to use all functionality (rewind, fast forward, etc.).