#1 Posted by mrfluke (5149 posts) -

In the latest unprofessional fridays comments section, i wrote up a comment and had 2 people reply back to it. but if i didnt have checked the unprofessional fridays comments section, i would have never known that they replied back to my comment as checking my pm's i never got a notification message saying said people replied back to me.

i already informed @rchen (this rchen http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/rchen/ seems the callout a user search is either not picking up the staff rchen, or its not picking up his new profile picture.)

but i still figured id write it up though.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

Yeah, notifications in general are totally borked. I've also got that infamous ''unread ghost messages'' bug going on, too.

#3 Posted by Pr1mus (3904 posts) -

I get most of my PMs but it's not instantaneous like it used too. They often appear 10-15 minutes later.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

Is the mail bug where you've permanently got "unread mail" when you actually don't a common issue? Is this something that can be worked out, because it's driving me crazy.

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Is the mail bug where you've permanently got "unread mail" when you actually don't a common issue? Is this something that can be worked out, because it's driving me crazy.

I think it is extremely common--I have the same bug as well. I'm hoping everything will be mostly fixed by the end of the next week.

#6 Edited by mrfluke (5149 posts) -

really hope old PM's dont get wiped when fixing this,

as i have legacy PM's from wayy back in the day pitching spoiler tags to Coonce.

#7 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

I think it is extremely common--I have the same bug as well. I'm hoping everything will be mostly fixed by the end of the next week.

Same issue, I figure they will resolve it soon though.

#8 Edited by MildMolasses (3220 posts) -

I don't have any unread messages errors, but I haven't got a single notice about any replies for me

#9 Posted by Deusoma (3006 posts) -

Oh good! I guess I don't need to start a new thread for the imaginary PM the site wants to tell me about. >_>

#10 Posted by rchen (169 posts) -

This feature may have been disabled temporarily for performance purposes. We'll put it back in once we are more stable (it'll be soon, I promise!)

#11 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

I have the opposite issue. I have the "Send PM when somebody @reply's me" box unchecked but I still get a load of "X mentioned you in a comment" messages.

#12 Posted by Parsnip (1086 posts) -

What's the word on this? I miss my @ reply PM's.