Noticing a Double Posting Trend...

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Which I think is caused by the fact that when posting a comment on a thread, it will show the bomb/guy loading thing and then say that the comment failed (retaining what you wrote in the posting text box).

I've come to find out that when this happens, the post actually didn't fail and posted successfully (at least for me. to check, just reload the page and see if it's in the thread). I think the "comment failed" indicator telling people it failed when it didn't could be throwing some people off, causing them to post multiple times.

Edit: When I posted this, it loaded for like 10 seconds and went to a dead "no data recieved" google page. But it definitely posted since I'm editing it right now after finding it on the forum page.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Most of the times the system does the double posting by itself.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only ever hit post once, but the post takes forever to post and posts it twice.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. I've learned to just refresh the page about 3-5 seconds after hitting post if it keeps spinning.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We just need to wait until they redesign gamespot.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

I only ever hit post once, but the post takes forever to post and posts it twice.

Hmm, for me it takes forever to load and acts like it doesnt post at all (like I said above, it actually does post). It seems like there's a lot of issues with the forum/commenting system. And, honestly, the site in general. Really wish the Bomb engineers weren't taken away to work on gamespot... Seems kind of unfair

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, this has been an issue for about the past three weeks. Hopefully they'll have some man hours to burn on fixing this and other assorted issues in the near future after the GameSpot redesign.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93: Yeah, that's kind of bullshitty that bigwig GameSpot has to take the engineers away from a much smaller site.

And the very first time when I got a message error, I clicked the Post Reply button twice and then immediately realized what happened. Since then I only click it once and reload the page. And sometimes for no apparent reason my message gets posted twice.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Yeah, this has been an issue for about the past three weeks. Hopefully they'll have some man hours to burn on fixing this and other assorted issues in the near future after the GameSpot redesign.

Whats all this about a gamespot redesign and why is it relevant?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RonGalaxy

@rowr said:

@chaser324 said:

Most (if not all) of giant bombs engineers were moved over to work on gamespot's site redesign. The only thing they are currently doing with giant bomb is make sure it stays up. That means all of the issues with the site wont be fixed until the gamespot redesign is finished

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@rowr said:

@chaser324 said:

Most (if not all) of giant bombs engineers were moved over to work on gamespot's site redesign. The only thing they are currently doing with giant bomb is make sure it stays up. That means all of the issues with the site wont be fixed until the gamespot redesign is finished

Well that's pretty fucking lame.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@rowr said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@rowr said:

@chaser324 said:

Well that's pretty fucking lame.

Starting next week two engineers will be moved to work on issues related to Giant Bomb and Comic Vine exclusively.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I can't wait until this gets fixed. The site is in fucking terrible shape right now. So many threads that are half-full of 'post deleted' messages.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then it's all clear. You post in two different dimentions. When you click the submit button, your message is being multiplied. One message goes to GiantBomb in our universe and the other message goes to a GiantBomb in a parallel universe.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Let me know if you're still seeing this in current posts, but I haven't seen much of it myself in the last couple of days.