Notifications are borked again (again, again, again)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I haven't been receiving any notifications for blogs posted by users I'm following; wouldn't be surprised if they're the same for reviews and lists, too. Reply notifications still seem to work at least I guess.

Also, I feel as if there should just be one thread to house all notification issues considering how often they're always breaking in some way or another.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

I did not even realize we were supposed to receive notifications when people we follow make blog posts/reviews/lists. I thought it was only for replies and wall-posts (do walls still exist?).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermike6: Walls technically exist... but they're so messed up that the whole thing is completely useless. Same with status updates.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yup, I only get notifications for when someone's comment includes me. But I don't receive anything about an approval of a wiki page or anything. Stinks because Yummylee beat me to my Lace Harding page, she's mine! Back off!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: Ha, sorry. I always forget that users with less than 1K points have to wait for approval. Though it was only basic stuff anywhoo :P

Also, my notifications at least seem to be working again fortunately.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I'm kidding, I was just waiting for an approval to fill out the page a little and I never got that notification.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By jslack

Ya. Notifications have been a weak point for us relatively lately.

We've actually rebuilt the notification system twice in the last year, more or less. Overall the system performs a lot better now than it did before (from a maintenance standpoint, a resource standpoint, and a user experience standpoint). We still face issues with "lag", if a person with a large following (like jeff, tony, or other gb/cv staff) sends out a blog, it can take a while to queue up everyone's notifications that a new post has gone out. During that time, notifications may not be instantaneous, as the queue has to take on certain requests first.

We're working to get better. Apologies for the issues.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The notifications at the top of the website (the red flag) have also stopped working. This is actually the first time it has happened to me but I noticed the most recent one on the list is from 3 days ago (Dec 31) even though multiple people have replied to posts I made since.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Another bump that they have also been broken for me for several days now.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Stopped working come new year.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By tuxfool

It has happened to me in December. It was working again after some time until yesterday. Today it isn't working again. (these are reply or mention notifications)

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 and a half weeks now...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's completely and utterly broken now.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Yep, I've got the same issues. It happened to me before but that was due to the system automatically unchecking notifications in my settings. Just checked and my notifications are checked for replies and what not, so this is definitely an issue with the website. I'm using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I filed a bug for it and hopefully it's just a matter of resetting a server somewhere. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.