Paid Skyrim Mods: Where Do You Stand? Poll Issue

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Here's an issue I had with the Skyrim Mods article poll.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@benmo316: Care to elaborate? I have no idea what the problem could be having a poll close a week after an article's posted.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@joshwent said:

@benmo316: Care to elaborate? I have no idea what the problem could be having a poll close a week after an article's posted.

The poll is showing as closed on April 25th when it says it will close on May 3rd. I think the OP is trying to point out that the Poll closed sooner than it should have, and it may be a bug.

@benmo316: put more detail in your post and put it @rorie if you want to do some good for the site.

edit: and next time I think keep it in the relevant thread. No need for extra threads like this! Or hit the Bug Reporting thread. :D happy posting

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Ah so. Yeah, that really wasn't very clear from the OP. I'm sure it was some issue for, as Jeff said, that widget being designed for Comic Vine not GB.

I love this site, but it's coding wonkiness is pretty persistent.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: lol yup, the one consistent feature we have at GB is inconsistency! To be fair it sounds like their engineers are just a shared pool of CBSi duders and it's not hard to imagine the GB forum features are pretty low on their to-do list, unfortunately.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Yep, definitely the worst part of the CBSi transition. I can only imagine the actual GB duders are more frustrated by it on a daily basis than we are.

(insert "PM Dave" joke here)

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: 100% bet that is the case - I can see Dave just itching to jump in and fix shit but then a corporate hand descends: "sorry Snider, GB ain't your baby no more".

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey guys, I did a little digging on this, and the problem you are running into may not actually be related to the close time of the poll. I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end and it may instead be related to an issue with your login session. The error message should be more specific :/ Could you do me a favor and try logging out and back in again and trying the poll.

Side note, we engineers really do care about the site, being a giantbomb user since the beginning myself, I really want everything to work perfectly but things do break and we will do our best to fix them. Hang in there guys we really want to do right by you <3

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@wcarle: <3 you guys. Keep up the great work!

When I complain, I usually just bemoan the site in general, since Dave and Alexis had to put together the new version of the site for business reasons in a relatively short span of time, which was less than ideal. So I recognize that there are a million little things that may or may not ever be fixed, because you guys have a finite amount of time and there are often more pressing matters than "releases on the wiki are still kinda weird sometimes".

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: Your continued efforts have been noticed and are appreciated.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Benmo316

@joshwent: Usually a picture can tell more than I can typing. My issue was the poll told me it had expired when there was still 8 days left.

@geraltitude: "if you want to do some good for the site" Really? So my posting an issue I had under bug reports isn't trying to help the site? I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and not post any issues I'm having then since this won't "do some good for the site". I apologize for not being a forums wizard like yourself.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: Thanks! We know, and love you very much.

@benmo316: I think you should take a deep breath...? Literally every word in my post is a soft nudge in the direction the community rules simply outline because... it just makes things easier. Rorie was troubleshooting the same poll in that very same thread.. It's cool you didn't know that, I just pointed it out for the future. I don't know why you invented a mean tone for my post, as "do some good for the site" is a 100% neutral statement. Plus I went to the lengths of explaining your intentions to the users, again, without any snark at all. Relax duder! :D this is a happy place.