Permanent chat cooldown

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bane122

During this morning's Bombin' the stream died and came back a few minutes later. After it came back I could no longer post in chat as I always got the "cool it" message like I'm still in cooldown.

I cleared my cache, signed out and back in, and closed and reopened the browser, all to no effect.

I'm using Win7 Home Premium 64 bit with Firefox 27.0.1.

Thanks for any help.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By rick

Yeah, the client version is a little out of step with the server. Non-related issues prevented us from updating the client when we expected. Sorry about that. It should be better for the next live stream. This kind of thing should settle down now that the client/server protocols are locked down...

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I had the same problem with a multi-billion second countdown to next post.

It did rectify itself with a shutdown of Firefox (v27.0 on Win 8.1 x64) and re-entering the chat.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hassun

@rorie@edgework My chat timer has been broken since the Bombin' in the AM episode with Cara Ellison crashed. Since then I have watched the first two episodes of The Binding of Patrick and the timer has been broken during both of them. Tonight is Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls so then I will know if it is broken for Premium streams as well.

What does not work:

Clearing the cache

Restarting the browser/PC

Logging out.

UPDATE:

What also does not work:

Deleting the cached web content

Deleting offline web content and user data

UPDATE #2:

If you are having the same trouble I did, try typing this in the console of your browser:

localStorage.nextMessageAt = new Date().getTime();

then refresh

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: I know you said it should work itself out but I just want to make sure, should this still be happening? I've still not been able to chat these last couple of days.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There are other non-related issues preventing us from updating the site. There's a fix ready to go and when the blocking stuff is removed they'll go live. In the meantime run this

localStorage.nextMessageAt = new Date().getTime();

in your web console while on chat.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BisonHero

My chat timer is fine, but it's still doing the thing where when I post, I never see my own chat posts show up. If I refresh the page (and I recently said something in chat) I can see what I just said, but any subsequent things I put into chat never appear in my browser.

Also, either no one replied to me throughout all of Patrick's stream (possible, but I directly asked people to reply to me a few times), or this issue is also making replies not appear.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: Just wanted to say thanks, that code has worked great.