please stop shutting off /chat RIGHT at the end of the show

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Was watching the finale to Contradiction, I had the player on pause for 15 mins while I ate. I was catching up, got the the PIVOTAL part of the stream and the page shuts down as someone has turned it to the "no show" option. The timing could not have been any worse!!!!!!!!!!!! Please stop doing that. Thanks guys!

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By allprox

Yep please. Same thing has happened to me on numerous occasions. It's infuriating.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they have this fantastic liveplayer that lets you pause and continue (unlike twitch) which is key considering the stream was nearly 3 hours long. Yet you cant take advantage of this great feature.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same here. My shitty MacBook had some problems with the stream, had to pause and was 20 minutes behind when the /chat was shut down :(

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teddie

It's not like they can leave it open just for you. They'd have to have moderators in there full time if they left the chat up. That and it's not like they know who needs the chat left up for how long to finish watching the stream after it's over. What if they had turned it off 10 minutes later and you missed the ending cutscene instead?

EDIT: There's actually a page for just the video archive of the most recent stream, but it doesn't always work and I don't have it. They could just stick the unedited archive up like they did with the E3 stuff, which would be nice (especially when they don't archive it before the weekend).

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: I am sure they can find away to disable chat and leave the player up. Like I said, why have this amazing feature, letting you pause super long streams, and then completely negating it by forcing the page to close straight after.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

In this specific case the page was probably brought down to have ample time for the west coast duders to set up for UPF.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: admittedly I did not name this thread very well, it has nothing to do with the actual chat, I dont care about chat, I disable it the second I pause for any reason as it will just be out of sync. This is purely about forcing my saved video buffer to disapear as they shut the entire page down

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattjam3000: Yeah, sorry, I was assuming you were asking for something else based on the "chat" in the thread title. Hopefully the archive is up later today and not on Monday like the last GBeast stream.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teoball: Oh man thank you so much! It literally shut off for me at the knife part

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By ZombiePie

In many cases, especially on Fridays, chats need to be immediately pulled to refresh the chat and layout in order to prepare for the next stream.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Strange. I also paused the video for about 20 minutes or so and just a couple minutes ago I finished watching the entire thing without getting cut off.