#1 Edited by Bollard (5426 posts) -

The new site has unfortunately made using PM's as a method of communicating to groups a little more awkward than it used to be, and haven't addressed issues with them that have always been present.

Firstly, as an actual bug report, PM's now don't return to the top of your inbox when someone posts in them. Which means if you don't have the "notification" on your mail icon, then you have to trawl through pages of @replies and such to find it.

This PM has almost left the realm of usefulness by traversing dimensions to the second inbox page... Despite having a new post 40 seconds ago!

Secondly, why do PM's no longer state WHEN they were posted? It was kinda useful to know whether someone replied in the PM 3 minutes ago or yesterday, if there have been multiple replies since you last read it.

And lastly, would it be possible to make PM's open on the last page? It seems silly to have to read the first page of a PM every time you get a new response to it, just to get to the last page where the new post is. Especially as the next/prev page buttons have now been relegated to only the bottom of the page... (This last one isn't necessary, just something I thought would be awesome for a long time now.)

Thanks for any response this gets.

#2 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

I will second all these notions!

#3 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Third'd. This, the "Edited" glitch and the lack of page number buttons on the top of the pages make PMs objectively worse than on the old site.

#4 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2451 posts) -

From what I can gather, the engineering staff is super busy trying to launch Comic Vine and then will be swamped trying to fix it once it launches broken (like everything seems to launch, nowadays). So, I think any non critical bugs are going to be on hold here for the next few weeks.

#5 Edited by Bollard (5426 posts) -

Third'd. This, the "Edited" glitch and the lack of page number buttons on the top of the pages make PMs objectively worse than on the old site.

The Edited thing is even crazier.

From what I can gather, the engineering staff is super busy trying to launch Comic Vine and then will be swamped trying to fix it once it launches broken (like everything seems to launch, nowadays). So, I think any non critical bugs are going to be on hold here for the next few weeks.

That's understandable, obviously this stuff isn't urgent, and I put it in order of importance. So I can wait!

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

The Edited thing is even crazier.

@yoshimitz707 said:

That's understandable, obviously this stuff isn't urgent, and I put it in order of importance. So I can wait!

Yeah I don't expect nor need this stuff to be fixed any time soon. They're busy enough as it is and this stuff is relatively minor.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

@snide Has anyone found a way to fix the ghost messages error thing? The mail icon still says I've got 5 unread messages when I've actually deleted every message in my inbox/outbox. I'm only asking because nobody's updated the 'CONSTANTLY UPDATING- what we're working on' thread in over a month.

#8 Posted by rchen (169 posts) -

Hey guys,

Known issue that the PM /Inbox system is messed up. When we've cleared out a bunch of higher priority bugs, this WILL be worked on. (should be very soon).