Podcast Feeds Republishing Old Podcasts

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey folks, anyone else have trouble with their feed readers occasionally redownloading all the podcasts in the Bombcast feeds (premium and not)? I've been using Juice for years for downloading video and podcasts, and starting in the last...year-ish it occasionally sees the entire podcast feed as a series of new podcasts to download. That's a lot of unnecessary downloads (and redundantly used space for me); since it doesn't happen all the time, I wonder if somehow the server is..."republishing" them, or however RSS works?

I don't think it's specific to just my chosen program, since I remember others complaining about it before. But since it doesn't happen in Pocket Casts, I really can't be sure. Just a heads up, in case it isn't just me - though if it is, I'd sure like to know. Thanks!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@thebrainninja: I've had it happen, but it's usually related to a feed change, or possibly a podcast software change. In the case of our sites, we did make some changes to some feed titles / premium content, that might have negatively affected your podcast player, and for which, sorry about that.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jslack: Ah, so that might just happen sometimes? That's a shame. Since it obviously doesn't happen anywhere it must just be with the way my reader works then; I'll just put up with the occasional annoyance, I was mostly just curious what (if anything) happened on the back end when that does occur.

Thanks for responding!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jslack

@thebrainninja: Basically, it's our bad more often than not. I've definitely had it happen with other podcasts though, usually when changing data in the feed. Anyway, ya, sorry!