Podcast Player Crashing

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Okay this totally might be something on my end, but since it's only come up recently I figured I'd post a thread about it. Getting the "shockwave flash has crashed" thing in chrome and the podcast player completely stops.

It happened a couple of days ago and I did the thing where you make sure if you have both the OS and chrome versions of flash enabled to disable one of them. Disabled the OS one in chrome at first and it seemed to be fine for a couple of days (listened to the powerbombcast fine), but then tonight the player crashed again when listening to the bombcast. This time I switched it up and enabled the OS version of flash over the chrome version, and it seems to be alright now (though I'd really prefer the chrome version so I don't have to manually update flash).

So yeah, probably just me, but I figured I'd post this just in case other people are experiencing it. I've only experienced this on giant bomb (though I don't think I visit many sites that use flash based players anymore).

If it's just me, why would it still be happening if I have one of the 2 versions of flash disabled? Why do some sites recommend the OS version of flash over the chrome version? Also, I've checked for conflicts with chrome and there doesn't seem to be any (and the only extensions I have installed are adblock, google dictionary, and last pass).

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By thelastgunslinger

This happened to me as well. I'm running Chrome on the OSX Yosemite beta.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

Shockwave Flash seems to crash with everything these days on Chrome.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It happens to me all the time in Chrome. And it's only the podcast player it happens to me with.

I did the conflict fix as well (like the OP) and it fixed everything other than the problems I experience with the podcast player.