#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
I believe this speaks for itself.

#2 Posted by csl316 (8359 posts) -

Can't beat... you know.

#3 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2666 posts) -

Well, you probably just have an extremely value high instance of the integer 60, and and extremely low value instance of the integer 49. ;-)

#4 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

LOL!

#5 Posted by The_Nubster (2089 posts) -

Well, you probably just have an extremely value high instance of the integer 60, and and extremely low value instance of the integer 49. ;-)

I feel like this is a pretty clever joke but I just don't get it.

#6 Posted by Bollard (5396 posts) -
#7 Posted by ch3burashka (5037 posts) -

It rounds up. Do the math. Don't forget to the carry the 2. Also, fix the graphics on level 3.

#8 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2666 posts) -

@monkeyking1969 said:

I feel like this is a pretty clever joke but I just don't get it.

Nah, it was a bad joke based on another bad joke.

The statement is, "2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2." It's a joke about rounding and estimating. For instance, suppose you have your calculator set to round all numbers to integers (no decimal places) and the problem you're actually computing is 2.48 + 2.47. The calculator will automatically round, so when you punch 2.48 and ENTER, it will show up on the screen as 2. When you punch in the 2.47 and ENTER, it will also show up on the screen as 2. Then when you add, the sum 4.95 will be rounded to 5. Hence, 2 + 2 = 5 if the value of 2 is large enough.

#9 Posted by HatKing (5875 posts) -

Huh, what website with a dark background was that image taken from? Because Giant Bomb is white.

#10 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -

@hatking said:

Huh, what website with a dark background was that image taken from? Because Giant Bomb is white.

Keep Giant Bomb white!

#11 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

You're right, Skyrim was pretty over rated. ;)

#12 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@monkeyking1969: Math jokes always fall flat, even if they are clever (unless you're surrounded by not funny people I suppose).

#13 Posted by The_Nubster (2089 posts) -

@monkeyking1969: As long as you make yourself laugh, that's all that matters, right?

#14 Edited by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -
#15 Posted by Hailinel (24284 posts) -

It seems most if not all of the most recent GOTG polls are falling prey to this weirdness. The results keep adding up to greater than 100%. Either there's a bug in the system, or that Jeff macro has been wrong this entire time.

#16 Posted by Humanity (9017 posts) -
#17 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

@monkeyking1969: Math jokes always fall flat, even if they are clever (unless you're surrounded by not funny people I suppose).

They tend to be a little obtuse. I'll just leave now.

#18 Posted by BisonHero (6398 posts) -

@hailinel said:

It seems most if not all of the most recent GOTG polls are falling prey to this weirdness. The results keep adding up to greater than 100%. Either there's a bug in the system, or that Jeff macro has been wrong this entire time.

If I may wildly guess, I wonder if somehow it's storing the total votes as a separate variable from the votes for each option, and the total votes isn't ticking up properly when too many people are voting on the poll in short span of time or something, but the votes for each option are ticking up, meaning its comparing each option to a "total votes" value that is lower than the actual total.

Though I have no idea why it would do that, when you could just find the total votes by adding all the individual votes for each option.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11093 posts) -

Logic has no place within these walls.

#20 Posted by Village_Guy (2534 posts) -

#21 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

We should totally restart that poll. And the Batman vs Braid one. And then we'll restart them again if the results are the same... and again... and again....

@fredchuckdave said:

Bwahahahaha

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

I think the bigger problem is that 4chan has obviously rigged this shit for Skyrim to win.

Okay. Fine. I voted for Skyrim also. I feel like a bad person.

#23 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

#24 Posted by Random45 (1119 posts) -

@wjb said:

@hatking said:

Keep Giant Bomb white!

I too like to make my eyes bleed.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

You're mathematically impossible!

#26 Edited by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -

@wjb said:

@hatking said:

Keep Giant Bomb white!

WHITE IS RIGHT

#27 Posted by CornBREDX (5046 posts) -

Nothing is impossible, if you believe.

Also, Giant Bomb is more dark grey. Picture is accurate.

#28 Posted by bigjeffrey (4906 posts) -

How do you math?

#29 Posted by Broomhitches (173 posts) -

I agree with you 115%.

#30 Posted by Eviternal (193 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@fredchuckdave said:

No, it was acute joke. Please stay!

#31 Edited by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@fredchuckdave said:

No, it was acute joke. Please stay!

That's not even right, dude.

#32 Posted by Nictel (2399 posts) -

Seems like normal banana republic US poll results. I see them on presidential elections all the time.

#33 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

Classic Giantbomb.