#1 Posted by Hailinel (24400 posts) -

When perusing the forums on my phone, I've found that it's far, far too easy to inadvertently flag posts just by accidentally touching the Flag button. There's no request for confirmation; just boom, flagged. That really needs to be changed.

#2 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Agreed. I feel like I've done this too many times on accident.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

flagged.

oops.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11794 posts) -

I've been worried about it but I don't think I've accidentally flagged anyone so far.

Strangely enough, I accidentally flagged somebody on the regular site earlier today, with a mouse and keyboard and everything.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -

Agreed. I'll try to hit the reply button and instead hit the flag button numerous times. Possibly I have fat fingers but I blame it on the tiny buttons being next to each other.

#6 Edited by BisonHero (6440 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Possibly I have fat fingers but I blame it on the tiny buttons being next to each other.

I read that as you saying you had "hat fingers", which I could only assume meant you were some kind of Valve employee.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Yeah, I have the same problem.

#8 Edited by villainy (556 posts) -

This is not limited to the mobile site. Requesting confirmation for flagging seems like an obvious thing to do.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4338 posts) -
#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5614 posts) -

I've accidentally flagged like 3 or 4 people, but you can just unflag them, so I don't really see what the big deal is.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I've accidentally flag some people on the pc, and I hate flagging people its not my style.

#12 Posted by Sweep (8844 posts) -

We have noticed an increase in random flaggings recently. If this is the cause then that should be a pretty easy fix.

Not to worry, we can work through them pretty quickly.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -
@sweep said:

We have noticed an increase in random flaggings recently. If this is the cause then that should be a pretty easy fix.

Not to worry, we can work through them pretty quickly.

Oh, really? So when i hit the flag button 15 times on a thread you are pretty much just ignoring me?

#14 Posted by Sweep (8844 posts) -

@dagbiker: Well firstly the karma system wouldn't allow you to flag more than 5 times in a row, but yeah, basically.

(No)

#15 Edited by EXTomar (4677 posts) -

I concur. I am sure I hit "Flag" at least once or twice when I meant to hit "Quote" or "Reply".

#16 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

Flag that damn spam bot who posts 12 times in 1 minute!

#17 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3228 posts) -

Word up to this

#18 Edited by Rorie (2857 posts) -

Sorry for the issue, guys, I'll post a bug about this and see what our engineers/designers can do.

Staff
#19 Edited by Hailinel (24400 posts) -
#20 Edited by alexisg (379 posts) -

Hmm ok, I'll give this some thought. At the very least we should float that flag button to the right away from all the other buttons. Thanks. (please don't flag me)

Staff
#21 Posted by joshwent (2172 posts) -

@alexisg: Just noticed that we actually can't flag you. Time to go unstoppably mad with power, I guess?