Posts Disappear and Reappear and General Wierdness

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Had several posts disappear and reappear. Leading to rewrites of posts and double posts and deletes and over-deletes. And whatnot.

Something's really really borked right now. Like the forums don't properly sychronize or something.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Oh - I posted in Hailinels blog from the forums, and it shows up correctly on his blog, but completely out-of-synch on the forums.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3 gamer_152  Moderator

I know that when the servers have been slow it's taken a while for stuff to start appearing, but I've never heard of them vanishing and coming back. Weird.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

It also presents trouble deleting posts. So duplicate responses just stay instead of veing removed when Delete is selected. It's bizarre.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Chances are this is replication lag or something that ends up messing up the cache, not sure what we can do other than get beefier servers. Will look into it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

@ltsquigs: I've noticed quite a bit of this today, and it definitely seems like some sort of caching issues. I made a post earlier today, and when I looked at that thread on the forum feed, it showed that the latest post was from me. Inside the thread on the other hand, it took 5-10 minutes for the post to appear.