#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Had several posts disappear and reappear. Leading to rewrites of posts and double posts and deletes and over-deletes. And whatnot.

Something's really really borked right now. Like the forums don't properly sychronize or something.

#2 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Oh - I posted in Hailinels blog from the forums, and it shows up correctly on his blog, but completely out-of-synch on the forums.

#3 Posted by Gamer_152 (14066 posts) -

I know that when the servers have been slow it's taken a while for stuff to start appearing, but I've never heard of them vanishing and coming back. Weird.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24287 posts) -

It also presents trouble deleting posts. So duplicate responses just stay instead of veing removed when Delete is selected. It's bizarre.

#5 Posted by Rorie (2853 posts) -
Staff
#6 Posted by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

Chances are this is replication lag or something that ends up messing up the cache, not sure what we can do other than get beefier servers. Will look into it.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6395 posts) -

@ltsquigs: I've noticed quite a bit of this today, and it definitely seems like some sort of caching issues. I made a post earlier today, and when I looked at that thread on the forum feed, it showed that the latest post was from me. Inside the thread on the other hand, it took 5-10 minutes for the post to appear.