Preroll ad on the current GBEast stream (Hey, Will Smith is here!)

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RVonE

So, during the current GBE live stream, with Will Smith, I experienced some lag and decided to refresh my browser window. When it reloaded the page and I clicked play on the stream, I got a unskippable preroll ad. I believe it was for the new Fallout DLC or something. I was able to reproduce this behavior simply by refreshing and starting the stream. Each time I got the same ad. As a paying subscriber, this is unintended behavior, right? Oh, I checked if I was still logged in (I was).

EDIT: After having refreshed maybe ten more times, the ad didn't come up anymore.

evil_gordita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't catch the stream live, but the archive doesn't appear to be a Premium video so I'm assuming the stream wasn't Premium as well. I'm not sure, did they stream to YouTube? As far as I can tell they didn't stream to Twitch. I wouldn't expect any ads if they were using the CBSi streaming system, but there would be ads if they were streaming to Twitch or YouTube.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This happened to me during UPF about two weeks ago. Also after refreshing the page.