Problem Downloading Videos

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I'm trying to download a video (specifically the most recent Metal Gear Scanlon) on my Note 4 and it'll be 5 or so minutes in and then tells me that the download fails. I then try to download it on my MacBook Air through Chrome and it gets 2/3rds of the way through and says it finished but then when I play it the video cuts out around the hour mark.

Any idea what the problem is? Because I've been having this issue with pretty much every video I decided to try downloading.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still having this problem so bump. Just tried downloading the Mario Party Party 4 Part 1 feature and it only downloaded half of it and said it was finished

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I download on my PC all the time. It's the only way I watch stuff, because it will crash if I try to stream it. I've never ran into that problem using Firefox and the DownThemAll add on. Could your connection be getting interrupted before the download finishes? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jslack

@colourful_hippie: As @metalbaofu mentions, it sounds like your connection is getting interrupted. Have you tried downloading large files from other web sites (try a linux distro or something). Try comparing it to a similar download, and not something like Steam where updates are streaming.