Problems with uploading images.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I can't seem to upload images (jpeg or png) from my own computer; every attempt gives me an error notice. I can post images from the stash I already have stored on my account profile, however when I then went to check my stored images there appears to be none there...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, so... I've noticed other people can still upload images, so what gives? O.o Frankly that just makes me nervous because now it sounds like it's something on my end, and I hate having to rejigger with stuff. I emptied my cache anywhoo to see if that would help, to which it didn't.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jslack

Hey there @yummylee and everyone else affected,

Ya, image uploading has a couple of fundamental issues, that we are aware of, and are fixing right now. Basically, we were allowing a lot of uploads to go willy nilly for a couple of years, which caused a lot of duplication and bad data. We recently started putting more restrictions on the data, to prevent some of these run away issues. Unfortunately, those constraints broke uploads for some accounts due to too much duplication of data in their accounts.

None of this is the fault of users, just a matter of us having to clean up years of stuff.

I'm really sorry, and I was hoping to have this fix out last week. The plan right now is to get all of this stuff out this week.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Ah, OK then. Least I know it's not down to something on my end, which is reassuring.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee FYI, I'm using your gallery as a testbed for fixing this.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers