This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HammondofTexas (616 posts) -

Syncing your twitter to your GB profile seems to not work. I've noticed that for about 2 to 3 months now my synced Twitter account does not feed into my GB profile, it just says "This user has not updated recently."

I unsynced and resynced my twitter account and when it redirects me from twitter to GB it gives me a 500 error.

This is probably a smaller and less important bug, just relaying the information!

#2 Posted by jSlack (102 posts) -

On your profile summary page (where you write new statuses), does it say "Unsync my twitter" or "Sync my twitter"? If it says "Unsync my twitter", and you check the box "Update twitter?" when you post new message, does it update your twitter?

Staff
#3 Posted by HammondofTexas (616 posts) -

@jslack: My problem is not my GB feed feeding into my twitter, it is my twitter feed not showing in my GB feed. It's not a huge deal, just a bug that has been around for what seems like 2 or 3 months.

#4 Posted by Rorie (2809 posts) -

@jslack: My problem is not my GB feed feeding into my twitter, it is my twitter feed not showing in my GB feed. It's not a huge deal, just a bug that has been around for what seems like 2 or 3 months.

Yep, it's been bugged and hopefully will be resolved soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff
#5 Posted by jSlack (102 posts) -

Yes, I was asking to do some troubleshooting. Since I'm looking at the issue, I wanted to see if your authentication code was still valid, thus allowing you to push to twitter. It helps me debug the twitter pull sync jobs.

Staff
#6 Posted by HammondofTexas (616 posts) -

@jslack: One of the things I did was completely unsync and remove all permissions to GB from twitter, then re added it, and it still does not work. Hope that helps.