#1 Edited by The_Nubster (2037 posts) -

• Browser: Chrome
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Type Of Player: progressive
  • Adblock: Off
  • Specific Problem: Progressive videos have to buffer the entire length of the video before starting.

As you might imagine, this is a bit of a bummer when watching the longer videos. I'll just download them until the video player is fixed up, but I'd like to be able to watch videos on the site.

#2 Posted by djames216 (353 posts) -
  • Browser: Firefox
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Type Of Player: Progressive
  • Adblock: Off
  • Specific Problem: Progressive videos have to buffer the entire length of the video before starting.

I watch the Youtube video to sidestep this problem but I thought I'd add a report too.

#3 Posted by TAFAE (150 posts) -
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • Type of Player: Progressive
  • Adblock: On and off, tried both
  • Specific Problem: Progressive videos have to buffer entire length of video before starting.

Just thought I'd add mine to the list too. It's been happening since yesterday I think and it doesn't seem to matter if I have Adblock enabled or disabled.

#4 Posted by forkboy (1113 posts) -

I'd noticed that this the past couple of days actually. Strange one. I think the NCAA QL was the first one I noticed.

• RAM: 8 GB
  • Type Of Player: progressive
  • Adblock: Tried both On & Off
#5 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

have have the same problem with progressive and streaming, with both my stationary pc and my laptop with different specs ill post the stats and pc/laptop oddly enough html 5 works fine on both

• Browser: Chrome/firefox
  • RAM: 16 ddr3/4ddr3
  • Type Of Player: progressive, streaming - both machines
  • Adblock: never installed/installed with enabled and disabled
  • Specific Problem: Progressive/streaming videos have to buffer the entire length of the video before starting. some time ago had the problem where the video would end as if it was done but at random times.
#6 Posted by mrpibb (457 posts) -

thanks guys, looks like something changed in our encoding right at the strider video. We'll take a look and possibly re-encode as needed.

Staff
#7 Posted by rchen (168 posts) -

Investigating..thanks for reporting.

#8 Posted by rchen (168 posts) -

The problem has been identified. We will be re-encoding the affected videos all today.