PS4 GB video lag

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

Hello,

Probably more about Sony and my internet, but figured I'd reach out for help.

I get about 7.68 mbps (according to just taken speedtest) on my wifi, which is just fine for viewing HD HTML5 or flash video on my laptop from Giant Bomb.

When I try to play "high" video on PS4 the picture lags behind the sound consistently across all videos. It works fine at HD for youtube versions, but subscriber videos aren't on youtube, so my Dark Souls needs are not met.

The video and sound match up fine on "low" settings with HTML5. Progressive and stream don't work at all because those are flash?

So, just wondering if I'm alone in this or if people have any ideas. Seems like some interaction between GB player and PS4 rather than PS4 on its own since youtube versions work fine.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What happens when you click on download links for videos on the site?

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: Hmm, haven't tried. Just didn't want to fill up the HDD rather than stream... Seems like I shouldn't have to choose?

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kierkegaard

@szlifier: Hmm, haven't tried. Just didn't want to fill up the HDD rather than stream... Seems like I shouldn't have to choose?

Okay, no go on Download. PS4 can't download that media.

Additional information on GB on PS4 weirdness:

When I watched the 2010 game of the year awards in HD on HTML5 they ran fine.

When I tried to watch Unprofessional Fridays Dec. 13th, the same laggy video happened on high and HD.

Help? Anyone else having this problem?

I wanna watch GB on my TV easily! Wah!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cloudymusic

I had the same sound desync issues when I tried to watch UPF Dec. 6th through the PS4 browser. I couldn't find a setting that would actually play properly, so I gave up and haven't tried since. I never have any issues on any of my other devices.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Basm321

@kierkegaard: I have had te exact same problem with all giantbomb videos when ps4

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@kierkegaard: @cloudymusic: @basm321: Hmm, I don't know if we have the resources to bugfix on PS4 at the moment. We're mulling over the idea of an official app for PS4 and XBONE, but it'll be a while before those come down the pipe. This might be a video player issue, so let's see if the new video player that we're getting early in January helps out, too.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rorie: Oh god that would be great. Especially if it had support for chat room.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@kierkegaard: @cloudymusic: @basm321: Hmm, I don't know if we have the resources to bugfix on PS4 at the moment. We're mulling over the idea of an official app for PS4 and XBONE, but it'll be a while before those come down the pipe. This might be a video player issue, so let's see if the new video player that we're getting early in January helps out, too.

Okay, so January is the rollout date then. The gamespot player seems good and responsive, so that sounds good.

It's probably just the PS4 doing something weird, but I have no idea why older videos would work when newer ones don't. Huh.

Thanks for the reply, Rorie. An App sounds like a great idea.

Anyone try the gamespot player on PS4? Does it work?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It's the bit rate...technical words...frame buffer...pixie dust.

dudeington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By dudeington

Same issue for me on a 50 mbit/s line. It seems to be the PS4 browser having trouble keeping up with decoding the video. I used to see this all the time in the early Xvid days, when you used to have to get an accelerator add-in card to get high quality movies to keep sync.