Reply and quoting posts often unresponsive on ipad

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

not sure if this is the right spot or not but hey thought id bring up a suggest or comment I had.

I dont use my macbook for much outside of it being plugged into my tv for watching quick looks, online videos or whatever. pretty much all of my website usage is from my ipad (ipad air to be exact)

When trying to reply or quote someone often gets no reaction when pressing the button. Ill have to hit the reply or quote multiple times to get any type of response if I do at all. I don't know if it has to do with the api on the site only showing the options for quoting and replying only showing up when you highlight over it confusing the ipad or what.

not sure if there is anything you can do about or if im the only one but thought id bring it up.

keep up the great work all!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Same problem with iPad mini and iPhone, either using Chrome or Safari.

Hiruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yep, same with my iPhone

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sbaitso

I've noticed this same problem with the page select, advance and the "Giant Bomb > Forums > 'X' " links along the bottom as well. Using iPhone 4 and iOS Chrome btw.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BisonHero

Sometimes tapping the text box on Safari on an iPhone just never brings up the keyboard, so the only way I can trick the phone into actually focusing on the text box is to reply to someone. Also sometimes the reply button is busted, so I have to hold down on the reply button until the browser brings up the menu asking if I wanted to "open", "open in new tab", "bookmark", etc., at which point I choose "open" so it actually puts anything in the text box.

It's been like that for months.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

This continues to be a problem from the day GB switched over to the new layout. I've brought it up in the past, maybe it's just something that can't be fixed.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By EVO

@darkstalker: I've always found the text box unresponsive. Just then I had to tap and hold it for a few seconds before it popped up.

Also, I can't quote people on iOS. All I see is reply and flag. When I reply to someone I've noticed sometimes their username doesn't turn red like usual, suggesting it isn't actually replying to them.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Same issue on iPhone 5, latest iOS using Chrome.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup same, mobile site has been super sketchy since the redesign. Iphone 4s and chrome

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

What I've found with buttons, such as the "reply" button, is that you have to double tap to zoom before clicking them, otherwise they don't respond. With the text box (while zoomed out) you just have to hold down a wee bit more than a click to enter it.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the site has been buggy on the iPad for a while. In addition to the reply bug, I found that occasionally it's almost impossible to tap on the first item in the notifications drop down menu without pressing the store button underneath instead.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I know that @alexisg has been looking into some iPad stuff lately, maybe he can chime in on this.

I don't think quoting has ever worked on mobile devices. We don't load the full text editor featureset on mobile.