#1 Posted by Linkachu95 (25 posts) -

Whenever I try to use the resume feature the video I am watching will start within the last 5 minutes of the video no matter where I am currently at in the video.

I am usually switching between my main desktop PC and a Nexus 7.

#2 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I am using Chrome and Windows 7. I've had the same thing happen. I've also had the video just not save the last spot I left off.

#3 Posted by Tandar1 (66 posts) -

I also have a problem with the "Resume" feature, it just refuses to work. Can you only use it on certain video qualities?

#4 Posted by Tandar1 (66 posts) -

I also have a problem with the "Resume" feature, it just refuses to work. Can you only use it on certain video qualities?

#5 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (82 posts) -

I didn't know there was a resume feature.
Are their openings?

#6 Edited by Kazona (3058 posts) -

Experiencing the exact same problem as the OP

#7 Posted by CycloneDE (46 posts) -

@tandar1 said:

Same here. I don't think the resolution matters though.

#8 Posted by Tandar1 (66 posts) -

Still not working

#9 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Have you tried a LinkedIn profile instead?

#10 Edited by Kazona (3058 posts) -

Problem went away, but now it's back again.

#11 Posted by dgtlty (152 posts) -

I've found when I wake my laptop (Macbook Pro) after pausing a video, it will not resume correctly at the save point unless I refresh the page (Chrome).

#12 Posted by oueddy (56 posts) -

I've found a number of issues with the resume feature in the latest version of Chrome, but usually only if I leave the video open.

When I want to resume a video or not play all at once:

Progressive - Just leave the browser window open, as long as the cache isn't cleared for the downloaded video you can resume or skip around to your hearts content

Streaming - After around 15-20 mins (still need to test this), either the internal cache gets cleared or whatever is pre-buffered. As a result, the video immediately blanks and starts at the beginning again. If you try to refresh and resume it will start from the beginning. You can get around this by making sure you refresh the page before resuming playback and it almost always restarts at the right point.

#13 Edited by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

CBS is not requesting new employees at this time. Please try again in six months.