#1 Posted by FlakeyMusician (3 posts) -

Can't link my premium account due to www.giantbomb.com/roku giving a 404 message. Is there a new link that we haven't been told yet?

#2 Posted by GiantDodongo (2 posts) -

My roku unlinked itself to my account today and when I re-enter the code from my roku into giantbomb.com/roku it says the code is invalid. This is my preferred way of watching the media so hopefully it's just a minor hiccup.

#3 Posted by FlakeyMusician (3 posts) -

Linked. To whomever fixed it, thanks!

#4 Posted by myketuna (1723 posts) -

Since we're on the topic of linking, I hope I can ask this question here instead of making a new thread.

Is there a way to unlink a Roku once you've linked your account to it? I'm getting a Roku today and it's my first one. If I like it, I'll probably buy another one to place in my bedroom. Can you link 2 Rokus to one GB account or unlink from one and link to another? If you can't, then I'll have to make a choice if I get another Roku box.

#5 Posted by FlakeyMusician (3 posts) -

The only way I know of delinking your premium account is by deleting the GiantBomb app then reinstalling it from the channel store.

As far as having multiple Rokus linked to the same account, I don't know. I only have one box...

#6 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -

I just got the Roku LT for my bedroom since my Boxee Box took a shit (well it's been a long and slow constipated shit for the 2 years I had it). I actually just gave up on it and put it back in its box. Hoping the Roku is a lot better at streaming Netflix.

#7 Posted by myketuna (1723 posts) -

@flakeymusician: I guess I'll just watch public GB stuff on one (through VideoBuzz) and link my account to the one in my bedroom. I really like this little thing.

#8 Posted by Carneasada (5 posts) -

My Roku started saying I need to link a premium account. So I enter the code at www.giantbomb.com/roku and nothing happens. It still says I need to link my account. I've restarted my Roku. I have deleted and added the channel again. Same thing.

#9 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

I just had to do it and it worked. The thing i screwed up was when I entered the link code, I didn't let that page sit until it linked. So once you enter the code leave your Roku on that page until it links.

#10 Edited by frobie (124 posts) -

@carneasada: Check http://api.giantbomb.com to verify a API Key was generated for your account. Generate one if it's missing; the key is what gets stored into the app on the Roku. Try the linking again, make sure the letters are capitalized to match what is seen on Roku. Then wait about a minute or two. The Roku app polls the server every 30 seconds to verify you've entered the code on the site.

Staff
#11 Edited by Carneasada (5 posts) -

@frobie said:

@carneasada: Check http://api.giantbomb.com to verify a API Key was generated for your account. Generate one if it's missing; the key is what gets stored into the app on the Roku. Try the linking again, make sure the letters are capitalized to match what is seen on Roku. Then wait about a minute or two. The Roku app polls the server every 30 seconds to verify you've entered the code on the site.

That is what I was doing wrong. I just wasn't waiting long enough. I guess it was too tough for me to read the instructions on the screen! Thanks!

#12 Edited by Overnumerousness (8 posts) -

@carneasada: I echo this error completely. I've used a couple different codes, delete/reinstall, power cycled, all of it. Nothing. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Is this a Roku 2 specific bug? I've had my box for about 2 years and wonder if maybe it's just out of date.

Belay that. Issue resolved using your API verification method. Thanks, duder.

#13 Posted by rewphus (7 posts) -

Is anyone having any recent issues with this? I have had two Rokus linked for about a year now and I just updated one of my Rokus to a 3 and I can't link my account on it. I did a factory reset on the one I replaced and have removed and added the channel a couple times but every time I enter the code to link accounts nothing happens no matter how long I stay on the screen. Please help!

#14 Posted by ms05jzaku (1 posts) -

I'm having the same issues, just factory reset mine and now it doesn't want to link up again. I've tried deleting and reinstalling it a few times, and tried linking it multiple times each time it was reinstalled. I'm hoping it's just some minor issue that can be resolved quickly.

#15 Posted by SilvaNode (4 posts) -

No workie!!!

#16 Edited by Lunnington (202 posts) -

@rewphus: Yes I'm unable to link mine now.

I put in the code and the page sort of just reloads with no error message or anything.

#17 Posted by wbm99 (2 posts) -

I'm having difficulty linking my account now, too. Was working fine but had to factory reset and now it won't link. I'm bummed because Roku is my main avenue for viewing GB content. :(

#18 Posted by edeke (5 posts) -

Same here! Not linking at all! After factory reset. :(

#19 Edited by Rorie (3105 posts) -

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble on this - it looks like Roku changed something on their end and we have to update our implementation to make it work again. We'll look into it when we can, but it may take a bit due to all the E3 work that's going on. But hopefully we'll get it back up and running soon.

Staff
#20 Posted by thomasonfa (320 posts) -

@rorie: Thanks Matt. I guess I will stick to the iPad until the problem is corrected.

#21 Posted by Laika (137 posts) -

Looks like a potential fix for this went in today. (We don't have easy access to a Roku, so I say 'potential'.) Should hopefully be live tomorrow, but might slip into next week.

Staff
#22 Edited by rewphus (7 posts) -

Thanks for the hard work guys. I know the timing sucks.

#23 Posted by edeke (5 posts) -

Works fine for me! Thanks guys! So nice to get it working before E3. :)

#24 Posted by thedanshires (2 posts) -

Not working still for me. Have linked everything up but as soon as I try and hit play on a subscriber video it spits me back to the video preview screen... hope this can be fixed soon!

#25 Posted by ToyPinionated (1 posts) -

Not working still for me. Have linked everything up but as soon as I try and hit play on a subscriber video it spits me back to the video preview screen... hope this can be fixed soon!

Having this exact problem. Became a subscriber just so I could watch those videos on the Roku. If it isn't going to work I can't see keeping the subscription as it's my only way to watch on the TV.

#26 Posted by thebolt90 (2 posts) -

I have this same problem. Just spits me directly back to the video preview screen. I also only really signed up for Giantbomb premium because of Roku but without that I won't be staying unfortunately.

#27 Posted by Laika (137 posts) -

Getting multiple reports of a regression, so we'll investigate.

Staff
#28 Edited by Jastzu (2 posts) -

@thedanshires said:

Just linked my Roku 3, same issue. Verified API key was generated.

Edit: Problem appears to be with my account. "Premium Pax Prime (non-recurring) membership" isn't giving access to any premium content via the website either.

Edit numero dos: Login/logoff fixed content access via website. Still no access via Roku.