Schedule times not updating for Daylight Savings

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The clocks went forward here (New Zealand) a couple of days ago but the schedule still reads the same times for upcoming videos. I couldn't find any option to change timezones in account settings.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

internetpizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By internetpizza

I'm having the same issue with wrong schedule times, but mine are WAY off. I tried logging out, then clearing all my giantbomb.com cookies, and logging back in but that didn't do it. I find this really odd because nearly everything else on the internet geolocates my IP correctly. I really hope this gets fixed on either end, I missed the live QL of THPS5 yesterday because the upcoming events said it was at 4pm when it was actually at 1pm.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The scheduled times on the main page are two hours behind for me.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That would be something pointing at GeoIP stuff and saying "not much can be done" but whoever is providing that time data (NetAcuity) seems to be completely unable to deal with clock changes (daylight savings). So a month ago we have that report of NZ time changing and so the timer being broken.

Every single bit of Europe just changed clocks at the same time (because we coordinate that) and so, until the US also changes clocks, all the times are going to be wrong. That's not a little slip, that's a failure of NetAcuity of such a scale that I wouldn't trust them to tell me the right day of the week accurately if they can't accommodate the entire of Europe changing their clocks for winter.

And I remember this also happened last year. Take it down for the gap between the rest of the world changing to winter time and the US doing the same if it's that broken.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@shivoa: Ya, it's an issue, and it seems to happen on schedule. Problem is, we rely on NetAcuity and their data for multiple things, there are no real superior alternatives. Timezones are harder than it seems.