simple person wiki edit went nuts

drwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

Hi, I edited Greg LoPiccolo in this edit: http://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/5179/

things I did:

- I filled in the last name field, even though I thought it was a weird duplication of name name

- In the dropdown, "female" gender was selected, so I picked "male"

things that happened:

- I got 55 points

- gender is now listed as "unknown"

- he got deleted from every game credit (a lot of them, and I think I was the one who originally added most of them, months ago.)

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something definitely seems off with the person editing. I recently noticed that all of Richard Epcar's game credits was deleted by cwf123. Suspecting possible vandalism I looked at his history and he's also deleted all the game credits for Kirk Thornton, Troy Baker, Jeff Glenn Bennett, and Keith Szarabajka. Looking at the edits it looks like a bug rather than vandalism since the mass deletions were accompanied by normal edits.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Okay, so for some reason, trying to see what games someone is credited in results in a 404 page, and there's no field to add games on the main page. I'm assuming for that reason it's just wiping all the credits on a page when someone edits.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@wiseblood said:

Something definitely seems off with the person editing. I recently noticed that all of Richard Epcar's game credits was deleted by cwf123. Suspecting possible vandalism I looked at his history and he's also deleted all the game credits for Kirk Thornton, Troy Baker, Jeff Glenn Bennett, and Keith Szarabajka. Looking at the edits it looks like a bug rather than vandalism since the mass deletions were accompanied by normal edits.

Definitely not vandalism, it's a bug that is happening whenever you edit someone's page.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

we'll look into it. thanks for giving us the heads up.