Site seems to be broken in Chrome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eclectic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eclectic

Chrome version 24.0.1312.57 on Windows 7 and Vista.

The site loads OK but links don't go anywhere (clicking on them does nothing), videos don't load and I can't log into my account at all. Same behavior if I turn off all my plugins. On Firefox 18.0.2 the site works without any issues.

Anyone else seeing this or is the problem on my end?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Same setup but i haven't really had any issue using any of the site's functionality. I get a 500 error every other click but a refresh usually works. I'm assuming the 500 error is just the site's stability which is still a bit sketchy.

tsubomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 tsubomi  Staff

@eclectic: What chrome extensions do you have installed and enabled in Chrome?

tsubomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tsubomi  Staff
thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Try resizing your window in Chrome, the site crashes completely, lol.

tsubomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tsubomi  Staff
eclectic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eclectic

@tsubomi: Mouse gestures and adblock plus. It looks like it's been fixed.

NikyuNingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video playback is still a problem 10 years in

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the risk of feeding the troll... dude, seriously, get a life.

Every single one of the 21 forum posts you've made so far has been to tear down the state of the site. And yes, we all know very well that there are plenty of problems with it. You have a right to complain, and I've done so from time to time myself. But when you post about it 21 times over 10 days and it's full of vulgarity and insults, you've long passed the point of constructive criticism and started to just be an asshole. And here you've necro'ed a decade-old support thread for no good reason when there's already a Chrome bug reporting thread.

I also find it interesting that your account was only created ten days ago, and yet you complain about waiting patiently for ten months for video playback to be fixed. Maybe you have another account, but if you do, why don't you use that account to complain rather than hiding behind an alt as an excuse to behave badly? If you want to be a part of the community, then try being a part of the community for something other than just sarcasm-riddled insults, because that gets really old really fast.

Either way, you should take your own advice. Half your posts start with something like "don't bother" or "why bother" or "no one is going to help you." Yet here you are petulantly whining for ten days straight to no purpose. Consider doing something more constructive with your time.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Bumping a thread over ten years old, for the CBS-era video player, which no longer exists, is neither helpful nor assistive. As this thread was connected to something that no longer exists, this thread is being locked.