Site's not been stable

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rick

Yeah, Giantbomb has been a little unstable lately. I suck. We should be back to high level of stability now. We've been doing stuff to try to improve performance and ended up activating dormant code written by a long gone engineer, for whom we are building an effigy, that was never finished or tested. ...and I also made a change based on a bad assumption that blew a few things up. Whatever, there's lots of blame to go around. If Obama wasn't all "healthcare for all" probably none of this would have occurred in the first place, but I'm on a tangent now.

Anyway, we will try to not let this kind of thing happen again and I'm totally sorry shits been broke.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...oh joy, I just noticed that forum posts take some time to show up. Wonderful. We'll be on this first thing tomorrow.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GaspoweR

Mods need to change the title to "puppy" by the way. :rorie :P

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I agree. At dinner last night, the check was like 8 cents off and The Site just flipped out, starting throwing rolls and kept screaming that the waiter a waste of foreskin....totally unstable.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Let's get to the real issue here. Ethics, ethics in site development. Did you have a personal relationship with whoever wrote this dormant code that happened to activate? What do you have to hide!? Quit dodging the question! I saw all those posts about you in regards to your unethical practices in coding getting deleted! Why don't you ever comment your code!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

@edgework Diggin up an old one for this post. On the super bright side, loading previously uploaded images seems to be way faster than it was a few days ago =]

Don't beat yourself up too bad, shit's complicated as all hell~ Good luck and stay sane!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8 FinalDasa  Moderator

Tsk tsk tsk.

Broke or not, at least it all looks good!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

It's being unstable? I must not be a quick enough clicker to notice.

But as far as having to deal with dormant code....

No Caption Provided

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Coonce's influence still remains.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard Sony knows a thing or two about stability.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The past 3 days I have been getting 404's and 502's a LOT. Not even on articles on like the basic forums url. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums

As well as small bugs like using the Video category Extra Life was showing premium videos from like last September for a little bit. They come and go quickly but, this past week has been rough.

Is it a problem on my end or have you guys been getting hit with tons of traffic? (I alternate between Firefox Dev and Chrome.)

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne said:

The past 3 days I have been getting 404's and 502's a LOT. Not even on articles on like the basic forums url. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums

Me too. Lots of 404'ing when opening topic threads.

Also, the post count is off for just about every topic listed on the main "recent discussions" forum hub (i.e saying there are only 30 posts but the topic has 60+ when you go into the thread).

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between the polls, not being able to post images from urls, constant video issues, live streams stuttering and restarting alot and consistently getting 404 pages when visiting pages the site has been a bit of a chore to use lately. I am never one to complain but it feels like it is falling apart at the seams a little bit. If it is frustrating for me it must be twenty times as frustrating for the engineers. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon :( hang in there!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SSully

Web sites, they are hard to run.