#1 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

<p>&lt;p&gt;Anyone else notice that people's post count has gone either up a lot or down a lot? I don't mean posts in the last couple of days, but literally hundreds of posts difference

Anyone know why?

#2 Posted by JaredA (818 posts) -

Yeah, actually. I only recently broke 600 posts, but now it's saying I have almost 700. I really don't think I have posted that much, but I'm not 100% sure.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Comments on articles now count as posts. So if you got a post bump that is why.

#4 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

I think mine dropped by a few hundred but I'm not positive.

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Same here Peasent.

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

My post count has gone up by at least a thousand. I'm guessing article and video comments count now.

#7 Posted by mrpibb (457 posts) -

yup comments on articles, images, etc now count as posts. I'll take a look at the data on post counts, but they should be the exact value the old database.

Staff
#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

This is not a bug, the site is simply including all posts and comments, as opposed to just forum posts, when it totals your post count now.

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

This is not a bug, the site is simply including all posts and comments, as opposed to just forum posts, when it totals your post count now.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

#10 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

And the reducing post counts? What could they be due to?

#11 Posted by mrpibb (457 posts) -

@nekusakuraba: I'll check w/ the guys at tested and screened but your post count is correct. You came into the system with 6553 posts (per count in the database). Do you also post on the other sites? If so, we lose some of the count there (I think some numbers were shared across the whiskey properties).

Staff
#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Hey, sorry i can't reply directly (the reply button is not working on the Ipad) but yes, I did post on the other sites. However, I didn't think they transferred between sites. Not sure what it could be, I have a screenshot of my profile from a couple of days ago which shows my post count and its definitely higher.

#13 Edited by Slax (894 posts) -

This is good to know. Thanks!

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (6948 posts) -
#15 Edited by Pr1mus (3772 posts) -

I lost about 150. I did not post 150 in 3 days before the new site!

#16 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

Noticed the bump during the beta. It transferred over. Basically shows me how much time I've wasted on this site. Oh wait, been enthralled with this site.

#17 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a lower post count rather than a larger one!

#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Anyone else find it totally weird to have people you've never even heard of have 5k + posts now? :P