Subscription expired but premium content still accessible

almak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In October I bought a month of premium, my account since lapsed into a free account again (which was as intended, since I only wanted a month) but the premium content is still available to me, even though it is clearly stated that I am a free user. I just wanted to make you aware of this, I am a big fan of the site and the work you guys do here thus it doesn't feel right to me to keep consuming the content when I clearly shouldn't have access to it but if this is not an isolated issue, someone might just feel otherwise, thus I feel this is definitely worth a look into.

I am using the latest version of Chrome and on top of that I have adblock and ghostery (both of which are whitelisting this domain, so I'm not sure if this is a factor at all). Otherwise I'm using Windows 8.1. Not sure if this info is of any help, let me know if you need any more information about my setup in case you deem it to be important to solving this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Do you know when exactly your sub expired? There is a short grace period after the official expiration date that allows you a little time to renew without losing access. I imagine you're probably still in that grace period, but you can have @rorie check your account details if you're concerned.

almak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, well it started on October 25th, so I imagine it ended on November 25th, right? Unless I'm confused about how this works, than that would mean I had it free for 3 weeks now.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Dauragon

I had the same bug happen to me. I was able to see all the premium content for weeks after my membership lapsed. I only lost access after I cleared my cache for an unrelated issue.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almak Your avatar still has the monthly sub emblem though. Go to 'Billing' on the dropdown when you highlight your profile name at the top and it will tell you what status your account is in and when your sub will expire.

almak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By almak

I know, that's the weird thing though, under billing it already states that I am a free member. Oh and I just tried clearing the cache, no effect, still see the premium content. I guess it makes sense seeing as this might be the grace period that Chaser324 is referring to and it is all according to plan after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I changed my card and forgot to update my Giantbomb account and had a free access to the premium content for at least a month before I noticed this (realized I no longer had a silver ribbon) and amended the card details. I know the site by default usually allows your membership to lapse for almost a week but I thought o.O a whole month and counting? Bit extreme there

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@almak: There is at least a 7 day grace period after your subscription expires before premium status is revoked, that could be what you're experiencing.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@__pb__: Can you email me at support@giantbomb.com so that I can look into this and follow up with you?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@almak: Are you still seeing the premium access? Can you click play on, e.g., last week's UPF?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You are a good person to admit to this