Too Many Messages in a Row. Possible to be Based on Time?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am not able to comment on one of my blog posts because I have too many in a row (2). The posts are also about 11 hours apart from each other.

It seems like that message should be given if you spammed. In this case, I just commented twice in a row on different days.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@tycobb: No, its just how the forums are. You can only post up to two messages in a row on a topic/blog ect... then you either have to delete one of your previous posts or someone else has to post before your post allotment is reset.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@demoskinos: Gotcha. Not a big deal. Thanks for letting me know.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@tycobb: No, its just how the forums are. You can only post up to two messages in a row on a topic/blog ect... then you either have to delete one of your previous posts or someone else has to post before your post allotment is reset.

Yep. I believe we put in this limitation a long time ago to prevent some bad behavior (endless thread bumping by single users, etc.). Hopefully it shouldn't interfere with normal posting very often.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is why I really wish they would make it easier to view all pages of a thread without loading different pages. Or just automatically merge messages. It's such a damn pain in the ass to quote across multiple pages.