#1 Edited by Shotaro (820 posts) -

So, I'm watching the twitch tv steam on Giant Bomb for the Playstation Press Conference but the chat is just not working - it says it cannot connect to the chat server.

I don't know if it is a problem on my end (I can connect to most everything else just fine) an issue with my browser (using Chrome) or a problem with the server but thought I should let you guys know.

#2 Posted by metal_mad (27 posts) -

same issue here

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!

#4 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

AMATEURS! OFF TO IGN! =)

#5 Posted by Quemador (177 posts) -

Same here.... i know this is a new site launch and everything, but man i think they should have let the site cook better before releasing it.

#6 Posted by Conciliator (86 posts) -

Likewise...doesn't work on both Chrome and Waterfox.

#7 Edited by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

tried on chrome and IE. Not working. HALP!

#8 Posted by Tandar1 (101 posts) -

I also cannot get it to work on Chrome

#9 Posted by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

It's just telling me I'm logged out when I'm not.

#10 Edited by leebmx (2235 posts) -

Can't get the chat working on Chrome either.

I jumped in mid-way. Can anyone tell me what game they are playing??

EDIT: Hold the phones - chat is now working:)

#11 Posted by Fluttercry (209 posts) -

Yeah the chat hasn't worked for me since the Sony meeting. Which sucks because the fun of the live shows is watching chat too.

#12 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

I thought chat was down until Brad mentioned questions from the chat, so I guess I'm part of the group it's broken for.

Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97 m

#13 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

This site needed a little more cooking in the oven, not being able to chat during the PS4 event was a real bummer.

#14 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

This site needed a little more cooking in the oven, not being able to chat during the PS4 event was a real bummer.

It worked fine before the website opened up for 30.000+ people all at once.

#15 Posted by Pezen (1670 posts) -

Yeah I am not able to connect to the chat server either. Tried both Safari and Chrome.

#16 Posted by NickFerg (36 posts) -

I've been having this issue in Chrome and Safari and was able to get in and post by popping the chat out and then popping it back in. I was able to post once as [undefined] and it immediately broke again, but I was able to see the chat even though I could not post.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (12434 posts) -

I would love to have the old chat system back; this new chat is just flat-out broken...

#18 Posted by mrpibb (467 posts) -

sorry guys, running into scalability problems with the libraries we're using that we didn't see earlier. This is one of our top priorities and the guys are working around the clock to fix it.

#19 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

It worked fine before the website opened up for 30.000+ people all at once.

What was that for?