Unable to edit Metal Gear franchise page

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I'm not sure if this page is somehow locked from being edited, but I've tried several times over the past month or so to add information to the Metal Gear franchise page, and each time after hitting submit a red bar appears at the top of the screen that says, "Whoops, looks like we ran into an error." I've been able to successfully make edits on other pages with no problem.

I'm using Chrome on OS X

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Pages deteriorate the longer they get sadly, becomes much harder to edit them.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3  Edited By Marino  Staff  Online

@natetodamax: As FLStyle mentioned, when pages get hundreds of associations tied to them (concepts, locations, objects, etc.) the page eventually become uneditable. This is a byproduct of the new site having all elements of wiki editing active at once and not being able to process that many entries at once when you hit Save. On the old site, you could open each section individually (i.e. edit the wiki text without opening the concepts field for editing). So, while it seemed like a good idea to streamline everything, it actually kind of broke large pages.

The engineers are aware of it, but we don't currently have an ETA on a fix as far as I know.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's probably because of nanomachines or nuclear proliferation or something. Maybe ninjas.