Unable to upload images or link previous uploads to releases

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#1  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

For the past few weeks I've been unable to upload images from my hard drive, both when using drag and drop or selecting an image from the file browser. This happens whether I do it from a forum post, the target gallery or my own gallery. I can still upload images using URL's though, but apparently I can't link previously uploaded images to game galleries or releases.

When I upload from the hard drive I get to the point where it uploads the image, and it shows the image thumbnail next to the progress bar, but at 99% when it goes to "Saving, please wait" it stops and pops up the red "Internal server error" banner message.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

@fisk0: Just testing image uploading from hard drive. Do you get to the part where you can select which image sizes, and positioning? Can you try to upload an image to this thread? First try a small image, and work your way up.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@jslack said:
No Caption Provided

@fisk0: Just testing image uploading from hard drive. Do you get to the part where you can select which image sizes, and positioning? Can you try to upload an image to this thread? First try a small image, and work your way up.

No, I don't get to that point, I get to the end of the uploading part, but at "Saving, please wait" (at 99%/100%) I get the error, without the image appearing in my gallery.

I get the same error whether it's a 32x64 or 1728x1674 file. But only with larger files is there enough time to see that it basically finishes the upload and only errors out at the "saving" part, smaller images instantly go to the Internal Server Error.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: Ok, good to know! Sounds like it's probably javascript failing, and I want to find out why. First, I want to see if we can make your uploading work at all. Can you disable all extensions / anti virus / ad block stuff?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fisk0  Moderator

@jslack said:

@fisk0: Ok, good to know! Sounds like it's probably javascript failing, and I want to find out why. First, I want to see if we can make your uploading work at all. Can you disable all extensions / anti virus / ad block stuff?

Doesn't seem to actually be a way to entirely disable MSE in Windows 7, only to choose another anti-virus program to replace it.

I could however upload an image to Gamespot without any issues, which seems to use the same image upload system.

I have tried uploading in three separate browsers, including SeaMonkey which has no extensions at all (Chrome and Firefox only have Adblock installed, but both have it disabled for Giant Bomb).

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: Interesting, something is definitely amiss. I also use MSE, and it works fine, so that's not the issue. I only suggested the anti-virus thing because we've been having false positives with Avira, and some other aggressive filtering scanners lately.

I just looked at your account, and there *might* have been an issue with your local galleries. Can you try to post another image in this thread? Thanks.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fisk0  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Seems like embedding images I've already uploaded works here (didn't work when I tried to apply it to a release though).

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fisk0  Moderator

@jslack: But, yeah, I can see there being issues with my gallery since there was that time last year or so when everything I uploaded was added twice to my gallery. But it was suddenly some time in early March I suddenly could no longer upload anything (the first time I noticed it was in the "Show your cities in Cities: Skylines" thread a couple of days after the game launched).