#1 Edited by Grimmy616 (392 posts) -

Ever since GB adopted the Gamespot livestream player I've been unable to watch the livestreams. I've tried it with Adblock on/off and even removed from chrome. Then I tried IE, FF and Opera and the stream still wouldn't start. Restarting my computer, logging off and on again changes nothing. I'm running on Windows 7.

So what happens it I click the play button and the loading icon flashes up for a second and then all I get is a black screen.

Please help thanks.

#2 Posted by Rorie (2091 posts) -

@grimmy616: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Is this issue still persisting?

Staff
#3 Edited by STORMP00PER (58 posts) -

@rorie: im getting the same things for all videos. I have started watching non-premium videos on youtube. Please help if you can. Chrome/windows 7 64 bit

#4 Posted by narujoe93 (2429 posts) -

@rorie: I dont have this issue, but premium streams dont work on android, but do work on IOS. That dont make no sense since the player (seems) to be flash based.

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6059 posts) -

This used to happen to me, ever since the original merge back with CBSi I was unable to watch a single video on the site. The thing that fixed it? Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard :/

#6 Edited by Rorie (2091 posts) -

@stormp00per: We're rolling out the new video player sometime later this week, at which point we'll start a big new bug thread, I'm sure.

Staff
#7 Edited by Rorie (2091 posts) -

@naru_joe93: Hmm, let me try streaming today's stream on my android devices and see what's up.

Staff
#8 Edited by cocabis (100 posts) -

Not a solution for live stream but for the other videos, I click the download button so it opens it in a new tab with the basic (not giant bomb) player and that seems to load faster for me so I can watch the high quality without buffering and changing all the time between video quality.

#9 Posted by narujoe93 (2429 posts) -

@rorie: Alright, it'd be cool if you could get back at me when you get more info! Miss being able to watch streams on my nexus 7

#10 Posted by jSlack (78 posts) -

@grimmy616: Are you on a VPN? Work network? Do you have blocks in your hosts file? Have you tried turning off the default flash player / using Pepper API in chrome? Do other videos / html5 videos work for you on the web?

Staff
#11 Posted by Grimmy616 (392 posts) -

@rorie: Last time I tried to watch a livestream was last week. I'll try again today for UPF. It won't let me see the stream with the gamespot player, even though I remember watching Live GameSpot content awhile ago and their stream worked fine.

To answer jSlack yes other videos and html5 videos work for me.

#12 Posted by STORMP00PER (58 posts) -

@rorie: alright cool thanks for getting back to me man

#13 Posted by STORMP00PER (58 posts) -

@naru_joe93: hey man i had an issue with flash on nexus 7 2013, looks like kit kat phased out flash support? i dont know the ins and outs but i downloaded flashfox from the play store and that seems to work.... for now

#14 Edited by narujoe93 (2429 posts) -

@stormp00per said:

@naru_joe93: hey man i had an issue with flash on nexus 7 2013, looks like kit kat phased out flash support? i dont know the ins and outs but i downloaded flashfox from the play store and that seems to work.... for now

It did get phased out in Kit kat, but the player working for IOS leads me to believe there is a version of the player not reliant on flash (since IOS doesnt have flash at all). Never heard of flash fox, but Ill check it out!

Edit: aw, its a browser? Id rather have live stream support on chrome, but I guess Ill download it for when I want to watch a stream when not near my comp.

#15 Posted by Ryanmgraef (190 posts) -

Couldn't ever get it to work on my iPad either

#16 Edited by Rorie (2091 posts) -

When the full player rolls out next week we'll look at all the bugs and start filing them.

Staff
#17 Posted by Grimmy616 (392 posts) -

The same things I have listed in the first post still apply.

#18 Posted by forkboy (970 posts) -

The same things I have listed in the first post still apply.

And now I am having what sounds like exactly the same issue. Only I was able to watch Premium Streams OK on the new live player until yesterday when it stopped working. Reboot, different browser (tried Chrome, Firefox & IE), still the same error across all 3.