#1 Posted by Yummylee (22587 posts) -

Upon scrolling through my user reviews, I noticed that my review score for Resident Evil 6 was 3 stars; it was initially 2 and a half, but I guess upon some alteration in the system or something they all rounded up to whatever. Though to be honest, I should have given it 2 stars to begin with and I'd most certainly prefer to have it represented with 2 stars than 3.

So I edit the score, only now I've lost all of my recommendations... Which is understandable, however I've changed scores in the past to no consequence, and the fact that there's not even any notice or warning or anything really fucking sucks. I mean how was I supposed to know that now there's going to be a penalty??

I admittedly feel a little... petty bringing this up, but I was rather proud at amassing something like 75 recommendations for my user review, so losing that doesn't half sting a bit. As such, I'm wondering if there's anyway it could be reversed at all? I wouldn't expect as much, but I hafta ask anyway...

#2 Posted by MB (13155 posts) -

There probably could stand to be a notification, but this makes complete sense. If one edited the content of their review drastically from how it read when it was first posted, and let's say changed the star rating from five to one, it makes sense for previous recommendations to get wiped.

#3 Edited by Yummylee (22587 posts) -
@mb said:

There probably could stand to be a notification, but this makes complete sense. If one edited the content of their review drastically from how it read when it was first posted, and let's say changed the star rating from five to one, it makes sense for previous recommendations to get wiped.

Yeah, as I said it's understandable why changing your score would nullify recommendations, but it should also be reiterated that it was the site itself that changed my score in the first place to 3 stars. And given that there's also never been any precedent for this, I think I have the right to complain.

In any case, I assume there's not actually anything that can be done then.