Video Controls Not Working

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'm unsure if anyone else is having this problem, but for several days now I haven't been able to maximize the video player on the website. In fact, none of the video controls work at all. Clicking on the video gets it to pause or un-pause but I can't use the volume control or skip forward or backward. I use Internet Explorer on a Microsoft Surface 2.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@brendan: Just to add some data to this, all of that seems to be working here (tried IE, Firefox and Chrome). Weird.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@brendan: Thanks for the report. I don't have a surface or windows box here, but I'll try to find someone who has one.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. As I said I've never had this problem before a few days ago so I can't think of anything that's changed on my end at the moment.

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was just about to make a topic about this before finding yours. The video controls have stopped working for me too, on my Surface RT. There was a Windows update a few days ago if I recall correctly and I think it's been acting up since then. Hopefully it's a quick fix :)

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same problem here on a Surface 2. I have resorted to downloading the videos. GB seems to be the only site that this problem is happening on. Gamespot is still working fine. Hopefully it gets addressed soon.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmm. Well I know we've had problems with video on MS surface in the past. I just checked and there seems to be no Surface tablet at all in the building for us to reproduce on. If we can find one somehow we'll take a look. If you want to send one in it'll definitely be a featured Mailbag.

Avatar image for blackbeanbreath
blackbeanbreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just adding myself to the list of surface users losing video controls around mid February, multiple OS updates since then with no improvements

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I suspect it's related to the new video player stuff.

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thunderkat1

Since the video player controls stopped working on the website I have been using the Giant Bomb app to watch videos and it works great. I have seen there is a newer one called Giant Bomb Video Thing that I have not tried. I know they are both unofficial apps. Has anyone tried both and found one to be better?