Video issues on iPad

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The ability to full screen videos on the iPad seems to have disappeared for me. When I do to a video's page, the thumbnail doesn't show in the video window. When I click the play button, the video plays but tapping the video just pauses it and does bring up the iOS video controls. Picture in picture also doesn't work.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I get the same thing. Strange thing is, most of the time, Giant Beast content works just fine. Sometimes, regular Giant Bomb content will have video controls, but if I refresh the page or if I go to another tab without doing picture in picture, the controls go away as well. Unfortunately, it's been like this for me for quite some time now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rorie

We are probably going to be rolling out a new video player at some point in the next month or so, so I'm not sure we're going to have a lot of time to bugfix on the current one. There should be an opt-in to a beta player sometime soon; when that happens, hope you guys can give us some feedback!

sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch videos here in full screen on iPad but don't use the full screen button. Once the video starts I pinch-zoom on the video and it goes to full screen. After that iPad controls pop up to pause, play and scrub.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sqrabbit said:

I watch videos here in full screen on iPad but don't use the full screen button. Once the video starts I pinch-zoom on the video and it goes to full screen. After that iPad controls pop up to pause, play and scrub.

This is the correct answer. Apple updated their built-in video player a while back; I guess they expect people just to know that doing a reverse pinch is the way to go fullscreen now.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Someone made a Giant Bomb Video Buddy app on the App Store on iOS. It plays all of GB videos and you can download them if you are a member. It's the main way I watch GB videos. It's pretty good.

I've never heard of your issue but if you are using Safari or another web browser, I would recommend trying that app.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By kennybaese
@sqrabbit said:

This is the correct answer. Apple updated their built-in video player a while back; I guess they expect people just to know that doing a reverse pinch is the way to go fullscreen now.

Hey, this totally works.

Just an FYI for the support team, when I log out the video controls come up with a tap like they used to. Maybe it's tied to the video player being different for premium members?