Video options on player are not loading but still work

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nux

I went to watch a video today and I noticed that the play, volume, bug report and full screen buttons on the player were not loading but will still work if you click on them. I checked some other videos and it's the same for all of them.

No Caption Provided

(Google Chrome version 42.0.2311.135 m)

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@nux: Looks like you have something blocking some javascript from loading. I notice you are running (what appears to be) Norton 360. Try disabling that, and also make sure you are disabling your extensions (such as HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery, NoJS, adblock and others, to find the culprit).

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nux

@jslack:I don't have any extensions active (and never have) and I've had Nortan running for years now with no problems. Are you suggesting I disable it entirely or just the fire wall?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jslack

@nux: I am suggesting just temporarily disabling it entirely, to see if we can get it to load. We've seen anti virus without firewall functinoality block scripts before (like Avira, and McAfee)

After some googling, it looks like norton has some web protection:

Under "Advanced Protection"

"Blocks browser, OS, and application threats; protects against infected Web sites"

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Well I tried turning Norton off completely, turning off just the fire wall, clearing my cash, resetting my browser and I even restarted my laptop but the problem still persists.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux: What a bummer! Any luck in IE or FF?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Nope, I'm getting the same problem in IE and I don't have FF.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux: Crazy. Wondering now if it's something up with your connection. Are you at work? VPN, Corporate internet, shared wifi?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nux

@jslack: I'm on my home Wifi with full signal but here is the crazy thing, it's working now. I've checked a few videos around the site and it's all back to normal now. I'm not sure what changed but everything seems good on my end now.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out with this problem.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux: There's also a chance it was a cache related issue pertaining to Akamai, if your friendly neighborhood edge server wasn't serving you files correctly.

Glad it's working.