#1 Edited by eccentrix (1553 posts) -

For a few days now videos have been crashing randomly in the middle of playing. Sometimes, when they reach the end, they start playing the audio from the beginning with no video. Just now this happened with the latest TNT:

Edit: Oh yeah, also most of the time when I exit fullscreen I'm halfway down the page. Maybe this is from hitting the space bar? Space bar pause/play is never consistent.

Windows 7, Firefox, progressive unless I have to use streaming to skip ahead to get back to where I was when it crashed. Isn't progressive supposed to be able to seek anywhere now, or did I read something wrong?

Sorry if I missed a similar thread or something obvious.

#2 Edited by OmniscientCajun (124 posts) -

Just like to chime in on the "video reaches the end then the audio restarts" issue. Not a devastating problem, or even a hindrance on my end, but I thought it best to drop by here and let you all know. I first noticed it happening for me in the middle of this week upon reaching the end of the Bioforge video. It has happened a few times since, though not every time.

OS 10.8.3, Chrome, Progressive.

#3 Posted by Freshbandito (686 posts) -

I have an issue where for the last couple of days or so when streaming a video it constantly jumps wildly in quality skipping back 5 seconds and replaying at a different quality over and over again. Tested it with a wireless and wired connection, don't have this problem with any other streaming service.

Latest version of firefox, non beta

#4 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

No video will start for me over the past 2-3 days on my Mac. Chrome, Streaming, It hangs up like this. Anyone else this is happening to? It works on my ipad so I know the site isn't down.

#5 Posted by evophile (20 posts) -

I've been having the video's audio replay by itself once it's complete as well. It's been happening since last week. It happened on every video I watch (I watch mostly everything too lol)

Win7 64bit, FF 20.0.1

#6 Edited by SplitSecond (22 posts) -

I'm also having some video issues. Pressing play gives me a 00:00:00 / 00:00:00 timer and a black video window.

Running Mac OS 10.8.3. Problem exists on Safari 6.0.4, Firefox 20.0, Chrome 26.0

EDIT: Was originally on Streaming video and just switched to Progressive (and HTML) which started the video. Now Streaming seems to be working as well.

#7 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -

@evophile said:

I've been having the video's audio replay by itself once it's complete as well. It's been happening since last week. It happened on every video I watch (I watch mostly everything too lol)

Win7 64bit, FF 20.0.1

This. Not the end of the world, but if there's a way to fix it I'd love to know.

#9 Posted by eccentrix (1553 posts) -

I just watched the PS4 teaser and the good news is that the audio doesn't loop twice.

#10 Edited by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

Videos are still kinda janky on the new website.

Sometimes I can't even play videos... New video player is crap, go back to the old one, at least I could watch stuff back then.

#11 Edited by alexhigh (35 posts) -

I'm getting seriously choppy performance when in fullscreen. I get this in all browsers and only with GB's new video player. I can only watch via Youtube or in a minimised state now.

#12 Edited by SlinkDickens (32 posts) -

Hi, I also have the issue where the audio plays twice after reaching the end of a video. Not a big deal, but I like having a video on as I go to bed. It's kind of like having the TV on with a sleep timer. So, this problem essentially doubles that timer for any given video. Not a critical issue, but annoying.

#13 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

I have an issue where for the last couple of days or so when streaming a video it constantly jumps wildly in quality skipping back 5 seconds and replaying at a different quality over and over again. Tested it with a wireless and wired connection, don't have this problem with any other streaming service.

Latest version of firefox, non beta

I am having the same exact issue. I'm using Chrome but I've tested it on both Firefox and Internet Explorer and I get the same issue.