#1 Edited by PresidentOfJellybeans (307 posts) -

Using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m, controls do nothing except for the full screen button. Volume can't be raised or lowered (or muted), play/pause does nothing, timer (both numeric and progress bar) remain at 0.

edit: I should probably add that i can start the video using the play button on the control bar, but afterward it does nothing.

#2 Posted by B0nd07 (1701 posts) -

Same here, but in Firefox 17.0.1. Pause/Play does nothing after the video starts. The player control bar also stays up, blocking the bottom of the video.

#3 Edited by Toastburner_B (161 posts) -

I have the same problem, using Firefox 18.0.2. At little more detail on one note: the time bar remains at 00:00:00/00:00:00.

#4 Posted by Moth_Pope (457 posts) -

I'm having a similar problem, but it's the Full Screen and Volume buttons that don't work for me.

I'm using the Surface tablet in my case, but it was fine with the previous website design.

#5 Posted by LtSquigs (267 posts) -

Strange, we moved the player to the CDN today, but it should be working fine. What version of flash do you guys have?

#6 Edited by Slow_pC (247 posts) -

11.6.602.167 / Chrome 24.0.1312.57

Video Controls not responding.

#7 Edited by Dalamari (3 posts) -

I'm having the same issue in Firefox 18.0.2/Flash 11.5.502.146. Also the videos don't stay fullscreen if I click off to another window on my second monitor.

#8 Posted by Eojay (184 posts) -

Same problem here, Flash 11.6.602.167 and Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

#9 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (307 posts) -

My flash version is 11,6,602,167.

#10 Posted by LucidDreams117 (421 posts) -

Post4 describes me fully. As I said in another post, I'm wondering if it's just easier for the devs to re implement the old video player and update it once the kinks are worked out on this new one.

#11 Posted by B0nd07 (1701 posts) -

I've got Flash 11.5.502.149.

#12 Posted by HibikiRush (155 posts) -

I don't see a running time listed in the video (always shows 0:00), and I also cannot skip around in the video in streaming mode. I also just had videos randomly stop at a certain point and I cannot go back to where I had it end.

11.5.502.149 and Firefox

#13 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Same problem. When I click play, it plays, but I can't pause or anything and the bar stays there with the video time saying 00:00:00/00:00:00. (Also this means I can't skip around the video.)

I can go full screen, but that's it.

Firefox 18.0.2/Flash 11.5.502.146

The videos are loading slowly as well.

Edit: I guess it's also worth mentioning that the videos were working completely fine for me on the 13th, and my issues just started this morning.

Edit2: Tried Chrome and it seems to work just fine.

#14 Posted by HibikiRush (155 posts) -

Just tried Chrome to see if it works any better, the video time position does work and I can skip around the video, BUT the video keeps stopping after about 3-5 mins and I have to reload the page to be able to watch it again. This is happening on the Bradley May Cry Pt. 2 video. Not sure about the others yet.

#15 Edited by Sogeman (874 posts) -

yup, same on newest Firefox. Also the videoplayer seems to eat my RAM. Also, are the controls supposed to be on screen at all times? Because it's annoying.

#16 Posted by matsemann08 (33 posts) -

Same here, newest Firefox, newest version of Flash.

#17 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Having the same issue right now. Seemed fine yesterday.

Issue:cant skip ahead timer at 00.00/00.00

Windows 7/Chrome

#18 Posted by edgeCrusher (186 posts) -

Similar issue here. I can start a video by clicking the big red button, and pause it by clicking anywhere in the frame, but can't start it again, or pause using the controls bar, in Firefox 18.0 with Flash ver. 11.2.202.261 (Linux). Everything works fine on Chrome 24.0.1312.69 with Flash 11.5.31.139. I'm also pretty sure everything worked fine on a Windows box with latest versions of Firefox/Flash.

#19 Edited by matsemann08 (33 posts) -

Works for me now, the site was down for a little while just before it. Is it fixed for everyone?

#20 Posted by LucidDreams117 (421 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-we-re-working-on-updating-constantly-1424075/#0

Little disappointed when looking at this post that videos isn't on the list. I realise that there are other issues to attended to but it'd be a little reassuring just to see it on there. Videos are a pretty big part of this site and number one reason I come here and enjoy this site so much.

#21 Posted by RoBear (54 posts) -

I'm using Chrome v. 24.0.1312.57 m and after a video ends the play button shows up in the middle but does not work. The only way i can replay a video after it ends it to reload the webpage.

#22 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Just wanted to follow up. Whatever you duders did worked for me. Videos are working fine for me now (though, still a slight bit slow but nothing like how slow it was last night.)

#23 Edited by PresidentOfJellybeans (307 posts) -

Indeed, problem seems solved for me as well. Thanks for the quick work!

#24 Posted by alexisg (394 posts) -

@luciddreams117 said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-we-re-working-on-updating-constantly-1424075/#0

Little disappointed when looking at this post that videos isn't on the list. I realise that there are other issues to attended to but it'd be a little reassuring just to see it on there. Videos are a pretty big part of this site and number one reason I come here and enjoy this site so much.

Well we have one guy who is constantly working on the video player. It would be really helpful when you all post what browser you are using to also post what OS you are on.

#25 Posted by LucidDreams117 (421 posts) -

Wanted to go ahead and follow Alexis' advice and post my info. Browser is IE10 and I'm on Surface. Windows 8, RT. Thanks for the update man!:)

#26 Posted by alexisg (394 posts) -

@luciddreams117: Got it thanks. We seem to have a few issues with the Surface. Which is odd since we are simply outputting a video tag and using the builtin player of the Surface. Anyhow I and @waterlovinguy will be looking into it. The Surface is a bit of a pain since the developer tools for it are not as simple as say the iPad which you can inspect using a connected computer and Safari/Webkit.

#27 Posted by LucidDreams117 (421 posts) -

Thanks Alexis. :) appreciate the effort.