Video/articles drownout wiki pages in searchbar.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I assume this is a bug anywhoo, because when using the regular search bar at the main page the actual wiki pages always come first. However in forum posts, and most importantly amidst wiki editing, trying to search for a specific page often involves you having to scroll past so much other stuff first, such as QLs, articles, and even trailers. That it can sometimes require you to reach the second or third page of results for a game page, after simply inputting a game name, seems absurd.

That's not say there shouldn't be any sort of search function for GB content, though it would ideally have its own category separate so as to not get in the way of searching for specific wiki pages.

Also, unrelated, but fuck me will somebody pleaseextend the limit of characters you can use for creating thread titles. I've brought this complaint up many a time in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to see it's still as restrictive as it is.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@yummylee: You are totally right. I hear you, and I've been working on trying to fix this for some time. Your reports are not going unread! I hope to release some stuff around this shortly, after fixing up the staff issue.

As far as the topic length goes - It's set to a 60 character restriction right now (no one has changed this for a long long time), and, I'd be happy to change it to whatever @jeff wants.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: That's good to know, thanks!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@dudeglove: I remember that, but wasn't it only polls? Plus, blogs at least still give you much more freedom in creating thread titles, which only makes the extremely small thread title restriction for regular threads all the more unfair. Plus it's not necessarily the restriction itself I have a problem with but for how tight it is. I can't imagine @austin_walker would approve in trying to come up with article titles with only 60 characters at his disposal.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@yummylee: @dudeglove:Basically yes, there was some abuse a while ago. Also, editors are able to have longer title lengths when it's linked to their content, so the restriction doesn't always apply. I'll ask Jeff/Rorie about it and see if they want it longer.