#1 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

Why do all the videos on the site look like total shit. Sometimes I can't tell what the hell I am watching. They just look so bad.

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Did you lower it to.. whatever is below HD?

#3 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

Did you lower it to.. whatever is below HD?

I must have. Thanks dude problem solved.

#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5018 posts) -

No, I agree - the video players are shit. Why does every website feel the need to have their own proprietary video players? Just use Youtube/Vimeo like every other homo sapien on the planet. Maybe it's a money thing - I assume Youtube charges businesses for hosting... but GB already has 3000 videos on their channel...

Also, why is Youtube behind their membership paywall? That's kinda weird...

#5 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

No, I agree - the video players are shit. Why does every website feel the need to have their own proprietary video players? Just use Youtube/Vimeo like every other homo sapien on the planet. Maybe it's a money thing - I assume Youtube charges businesses for hosting... but GB already has 3000 videos on their channel...

Also, why is Youtube behind their membership paywall? That's kinda weird...

Firstly, the video players are likely not an issue. Problem is the CDN providers. They used to use Amazon which was good for some but bad for many, they moved to Akami which was meant to solve the problems but does not seem to have the coverage they hoped for - but as it is regarded as the best CDN provider I am not sure who they could switch to.

As to youtube. It is behind a paywall as they do not allow sites to embed their own adverts on a youtube feed. Youtube doesn't charge for hosting but puts ads on the vids and takes the biggest share of the revenue - so they would rather you watched the videos on the site.

#6 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2597 posts) -

I'm having trouble with Chrome browser (Version 27.0.1453.110 m) running on a Windows 7 machine. The video plays and then it stops and returns to the beginning again. When I then skip ahead to the spot it left off it plays for 30 seconds then it decides again it want to stop and return to the beginning.