Website Has Denied Access

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Maedhros925

I rarely work on the wiki. Last week it was slow at the office, so I made a lot of small edits on the same day. The Giant Bomb website seems to have found this suspicious. When I checked in this morning I was given a box to click to certify I was not a robot, which was fine and the website is working well. But now the software I use to download podcasts through the RSS feed is blocked as well. I use the Zune software (scoff if you must), and it's giving me an error stating "Can't perform the requested action because the website has denied access". Any idea on how I can get access restored?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you using adblock? I had the same issue after updating to Windows 10 and forgetting to whitelist GB again, adblock was trying to block the forum and repeatedly refreshing it causing some issues on GBs end.

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm running Windows 7 Professional here at work. I'm not using adblock that I know of, though I'm not the administrator for this desktop. This only became a problem after I made those wiki edits, so I'm assuming that was the cause. The page that popped up from Giant Bomb said suspicious activity was coming from my IP. My theory is my IP was blocked from accessing the site, but while I could check a box to unblock myself from the website, I don't know have a way to unblock my podcast software from accessing the RSS.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rick

You may have that problem on office networks, especially if they are running through a commercial provider. To thwart scraping and hacking we put a captcha up on networks that have had a history of malicious activity. Your Zune is not going to be able to pass that captcha and will fail. Send your IP address to ipbans@gamespot.com and we can look into this further and give you more information and maybe make some changes to get this all to work for you.