weird artifacts in videos

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onarum

Don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not.

But lately I have noticed some weird artifacting on the videos, happened a lot of times during the mario party video, I had noticed it in some other video but now I don't remember which it was, and now again in the lovely planet quick look.

sometimes there will be some frames which will just turn grey like so:

No Caption Provided

and sometimes will be just some mild "garbling" like this

No Caption Provided

I didn't see anyone else mention this so I decided to post, tested will all player options (progressive, streaming, html5 and youtube) at all quality options and it happens in all of them, at the exact same moments, even if I download the video and play it on MPC HC.

does this happen to anyone else? or is it something on my end?

I'm using firefox 31.0, flash player 14.0.0.125

drewbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah, it's a problem with the source files. It should only be present in the Pure Pool Quick Look, the Lonely Planet Quick Look, and the Mario Party Party archive. We think we've fixed the issue for subsequent videos, but let us know if you see it crop up anywhere else!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh, ok, thanks Drew :)

I was beginning to think I had some weird codec problem or something.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've experienced this as well. I also experienced a thing in the mario party video where the audio would go out of sync, but if you refreshed and went back to the same spot it would be fine. I'll post here if I see any other weird video stuff like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was just about to make this thread. Glad to see its a universal issue and only present in those three videos. Thanks for Detective Drew being on the case.